Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > Yamaha Keyboards - General

STYLE's volume issue

(1/2) > >>

fado1974:
Hi all, good day
As a new expansion pack I have downloaded for my Yamaha A-5000 and when I move from Pack Style to Preset factory Style the volume always change. the Expansion Pack style always louder than Preset factory Style. How can I fix the Pack style volume without touching the Mixer ? Is that possible from Style Creator ? or any other way ?
Appreciate your feedback

BogdanH:
hello fado,
You can only do that by using the Mixer from within Style Creator. That is, while Style Creator is open, you switch to Mixer (to adjust volume on every channel for every variation), then you close the Mixer and you'll be returned to Style Creator where you save modified style.
You can also change loudness (velocity actually) of each note in every style channel (by using StepEditor), but that's not really recommended unless you know why you wish to change velocity.

Bogdan

Bogdan

fado1974:
Hi Bogdan, thanks for reply.
However, another issue I noticed today is. For any Register, When I change from Preset style to another style from the Expansion Pack. I noticed that the SOUNDS effects got changed with Echo and Portamento. For example, Button number 01 out of 08 having Strings without any effects with Preset style. But, When I change to Expansion Pack style. The Strings for Echo and Portamento without I touch anything. I believe that there is kind if link between Style and Sound effects ?

Sorry for long message and I wish that you have a justification for that.
Many thanks Bogdan.

BogdanH:
hi fado,
Your question is a bit unclear to me and so I can't answer it.
If this is your first arranger keyboard, then I would suggest that you forget about registrations for now and concentrate on styles only. Styles are the core of arranger keyboard and so it's crucial to understand how styles work and what capabilities they have.
Registration is not accompaniment: registration is just a snapshot of current keyboard state (keyboard settings), which we can later quickly recall (by pressing one of 1-8 buttons). And because registration contain all relevant keyboard settings, it can also override some style settings (without changing style itself).
But without really understanding "how it works", it can be confusing when we wish to modify something to our liking.
I really recommend to study Reference Manual and try things on your keyboard. And if there's specific question, you're welcome to ask.

Bogdan

fado1974:
Hi Bogdan, thanks for your time to reply to my long message. Actually I had KORG PA2X PRO 76 Keys for 15 years. Just two weeks ago I got a new TAMAHA A-5000. It's fine I will try to deal with Styles as separate elements and check if there is any Style setting linked to Sound effects. Maybe that would be on of the reason allow the issue occur. Many thanks Bogdan and when I have any further specific issue will comeback to you.
Highly appreciated.
 ;)   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version