PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600

BeeSoftware Classical Magic

(1/3) > >>

meyrick:
Can anyone please help? I have the set of 3 Classical Magic files from Beesoftware. I have not been able to use my PSR SX900 for almost a month. On attempting to use the files I get this on the screen...'File incomplete or incompatible,' and so will not work. This is for all Classical Magic 1,2,and 3.
To add insult to injury, none of my expansion packs will load.
All of these files have been backed up on separate USBs and none of those work either. So I have to assume the keyboard is somehow at fault.

Any helpful suggestions please.

Divemaster:
Hi Meyrick

Taking it in stages: Putting aside your Classical Magic file issue for now. Let's diagnose in stages.

You say you haven't been able to use your SX900 for almost a month. Has the whole keyboard failed except the screen. Is it not responsive when you play it, or maybe you can't play it at all?

Have you Soft Reset your keyboard? I know it's not what you probably want to do, but it could well solve your problems. They are highly technical, and they DO glitch.

Try holding down the last white key on your keyboard whilst powering on your SX900 HOLD THE POWER BUTTON UNTIL THE MAIN SCREEN APPEARS then let go.
Now check if your files are being read... Yes/No.

You say you have your files backed up on USB'.
Have you got them backed up on your computer.

The SX900 has 2 USB ports, are you using both of them, are you reading from the correct one. Try just using USB001 on its own for now... Does that work? Are you using a USB hub?

If none of your USB'S work on your keyboard then as a test, format a brand new one and load say, a few styles onto it from this website ... Can the keyboard read them? Try usb 001 first, then usb 002.. What result do you get?

USB sticks are only for day to day use and storage.
Whilst accepting that it's highly unlikely that they would all fail, they often do. . Do you have the master copies of your files on PC. Preferably backed up on hard drive. Reload them, try again.

Where are your expansion packs stored? Are you talking about the default ones that came on the SX when new, or some you have downloaded? Have you exceeded the storage capacity of the keyboard?

Contact BeeSoftware ref your Style Magic files if you think they have become corrupt, they may be able to help.

In the circumstances, I would go for a Soft Reset as a base startline. Start from scratch. Unplug everything else and start with just the power lead and a single NEW usb in usb 001.

You MAY need to do a FULL FACTORY RESET if these steps haven't worked. See your manual for instructions

Its basic diagnostics, hopefully there may be something here to help you. Let us know how you get on!

***  If you still can't read anything even after a Factory Reset, then it's time to call your dealer.

Keith

Bill:
Hi Meyrick

It sounds like you may have purchased the files from the wrong site.

There are 2 sites PSR Magic and Tyros Magic.

Make sure that you have bought the ones from TYROS MAGIC.

Bill

meyrick:
Hi Bill. Can't say I have purchased from the wrong site, everything was working OK over the past 12 months before I had to taken ill. Also the files were purchased direct from John Beesley, the supplier. However, thanks for your input.
Regards
meyrick

meyrick:
Hi Keith.
Thanks for your input. I am able to use the keyboard as normal. I have soft reset and a factory reset but with no results.
Holding down the last key made no difference.
I always back up files to USB and the computer, belt and braces.
I only use the one USB port with a 4 port switchable Hub. However, at your suggestion I did remove the Hub and used to second USB port, to no avail.
The expansion Packs are stored on the keyboard with 300MB free, and on USB and computer. A system of elimination made no change. I usually load expansion packs as I require them.
As to starting from scratch, I have to go into the city tomorrow and will purchase new USBs.
Returning the keyboard to the supplies will be difficult, is 200Km away and there is a language barrier. The Yamaha dealer in the city will have the same problem. If needs be I will contact Yamaha in the UK and see what they may suggest.
Many thanks for your suggestions. I will keep you posted as to results.
Regards
meyrick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version