Author Topic: Music Data Base decode for S650  (Read 1883 times)

Offline ChrisH

Music Data Base decode for S650
« on: March 05, 2024, 02:12:29 PM »
Hi Guys  Has anyone managed to come up with a decoded MDB list of the preset 784 songs?  Most I can fathom out but some are hard to guess??

Offline ChrisH

Re: Music Data Base decode for S650
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2024, 07:07:01 AM »
I do have a spreadsheet file with all of the corrected MDB names if anyone would like to sort thru them. This is for the Tyros 2 so there are around 1800 entries ..but you should be able to pick and choose ..the S650 has 784 entries and my little YPT370 only has 170 but it might be useful for those who have a few songs that they cannot quite figure out!!

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 01:36:22 PM »
Hi Guys  Has anyone managed to come up with a decoded MDB list of the preset 784 songs?  Most I can fathom out but some are hard to guess??

Hi ChrisH,

Maybe the corrected MFDs on the following PSR tutorial page will help you (both in MFD and TXT format):
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/sty/OF/musicfinder.html

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline ChrisH

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2024, 01:00:22 AM »
Thanks Chris
I am finding the model numbers totally confusing and I only added the tyros2 database list as it seems to have most of the S650 arranger MFD's in it's 1800 odd files.  Apart from the forum section I see no mention of the S650 and the "next model up" in 2012 is actually the S750 and not the S670 (which came out in 2015)  I am attempting (not very successfully I might add) to use Michael's Music Finder File Manager to convert Joe's Fake MFD's from the S970 or Tyros to a format that the S650 can read because it loads the MFD file but comes up as "error" I'm guessing now that that is because the file contains Style Names that are not present on the S650

Has anyone here converted the data so it can be read by the S650 I wonder?  Thanks for your help. I did get myself an series keyboard (E373) but despite it's age (at least 15 years old) the S650 has so many neat features that the others don't have and it's almost an "old version" SX series