Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > DGX Portable Grand Pianos (DGX 620,630,640,650,660,670)

10 Reasons to own DGX-670

(1/5) > >>

KeyboardBob:
For anyone who still might be sitting on the fence as to whether they should purchase this fantastic keyboard please have a look at this to see and hear why this professionnel keyboardist purchased the DGX670.

https://youtu.be/7V5C7PFQH10?si=dryBi-9O62bAQb_Z

Edit: Topic title edited by overover

mikf:
I agree. Ever since I first encountered it I have been saying this keyboard is outstanding quality and amazing value. It may not be the piece of furniture or have the excellent sound system built in like a CVP - but it hits most of the main high points of a CVP. It’s only downside I see is that it’s not very portable compared to a Genos or PSR, so a bit awkward for a gigging pro.
But feature wise it not only has most of what arranger players need, but has the excellent feel and full size keyboard piano players want. If I was gigging this is the keyboard I would use, and would try to figure out an easy way to move it. BTW, my first encounter was with a guy using it to gig, so it’s not impossible.
For the home player it’s almost a no brainer. Yes, there are a few things missing like multi pads - but how much do they matter to most people??
I think this may be the direction we see from Yamaha rather than pushing TOTL arrangers. They almost say that much in their annual report.
Mike

Graham UK:
Fully agree...I have had my DGX670 for the past 18 months after owning top end arrangers, but I get as much pleasure playing this DGX670 with its excellent Key-Bed feel and quality voice samples...Not to mention its low price value for money.

The Menu button pushing took some getting used to and being a home player the weight is no problem.

BogdanH:
DGX-670 is for sure interesting keyboard -but only for piano oriented musicians. Here are three reasons why, in my opinion, it can not be a replacement for arranger keyboard:

1. Hammer-keys are suitable for piano playing only and that's actually a downside for an arranger player: voices other than piano, can be easier played/articulated with normal organ/synth type keys.

2. 88 keys is a luxury that typical arranger musician never exploits and so it only unnecessary adds to weight and size.

3. Arranger capabilities of DGX-670 are somewhere at PSR-SX600 level, which is quite limiting in creativity -is only good enough to learn what's all about.

In that sense DGX-670 is not better than SX600 -it's just different type of instrument. And I'm writing that before someone starts thinking about replacing his arranger with portable piano.
On the other hand, many arranger owners don't really use arranger features that much and so for them, DGX-670 might be a better option.

Just my humble opinion,
Bogdan

Graham UK:
Bogdan. I completely disagree. We all have different requirements.
I'm an arranger player and have previously owned top end arrangers.
DGX can play most of Yamaha styles available. Build quality is excellent.

The Tyros & Genos & Korg Pa5x models all have good Key-Beds but after playing the DGX Key-Bed I would not go back to PSR or SX models Key-Beds.

Give yourself a few weeks with a DGX and possibly you may find the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version