Author Topic: Help - Genos 1 sound problem - PLEASE HELP  (Read 2037 times)

Offline anandmaloo

Help - Genos 1 sound problem - PLEASE HELP
« on: February 21, 2024, 05:45:15 AM »
I am terrified. My Genos1's  right speaker (MS01) suddenly started making crackling noise. That's not all. Whenever there is a beat with a heavy thump (like the impact multipad) the entire keyboard voice stops momentarily to tide over that thump and the sound resumes after the impact voice finishes. As if the keyboard is not able to process that heavy bass voice. The entire keyboard mutes for half a second.

What to do ?

I am in India and the service here is as follows - I called a Yamaha service center few months ago and spoke about a problem in my Genos. The guy on the phone (from Yamaha Service Centre said - " wait, what is Genos !!!!)

Please help. What could have gone wrong ?

Anand' Kr Maloo
Mumbai, India

Offline BogdanH

Re: Help - Genos 1 sound problem - PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 08:25:41 AM »
hello Anand,
It was mentioned few times here, that (5-pin) connection between keyboard and subwoofer can fail over the time. I recommend that you check that cable.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 01:47:06 PM »
Hi Anand,

Don't panic about your Genos. They have some external flaws but the internal circuitry and build are very reliable.

Whenever, you hear something wrong, ALWAYS suspect cabling first. Bogdan's advice is spot on. To add to his comment, ensure that the DIN connector is well seated. Sometimes they can come loose. There could be some oxide on the pins as well. The signal feed is DC power and needs to be perfect, otherwise you may hear some issues. If the plugs are well-seated, try gently pushing them in and out of their sockets a dozen times or so.

Let us know how this works for you.

- Lee
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Online pedro_pedroc

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 02:01:32 PM »
I suggest you to use one headphone to check if the sound is perfect.
If so, the problem may be the cable or the speaker (not the keyboard)!

Pedro

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2024, 02:07:34 PM »
Yes, thanks for that Pedro. I meant to mention that. Always use headphones as a way to isolate a sound issue!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline anandmaloo

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2024, 07:23:24 AM »
Will check and update today.

Thanks a lot everyone for taking out time to respond and help.

Regards
Anand

Offline anandmaloo

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2024, 05:25:02 AM »
Gratitude. That's the word which comes to my mind when I think about this forum and the people.

Thank you all so much. Din connector was the problem. It was loose. Took it out, pushed it in firmly and voila now its working fine.

Thanks you all once again

Warm Regards

Anand

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2024, 12:15:22 PM »
Glad our solutions worked, Anand! Happy playing 🎵.

- Lee