Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Recording & Song Player

Why do people use step recording?

(1/3) > >>

mikf:
I can see why step recording might be useful sometimes for corrections, but I just don’t understand why people use step recording for full songs.  If you are struggling to play well enough, there are several options. Go slower, use drop in corrections, do it in ‘bits’, like accompaniment first etc.
The keyboard is a musical instrument surely you buy one to play it. How is there any attraction in sitting typing in loads of commands to make music? Can someone enlighten me? Wouldn’t it be better to use the time learning to play - is that not why they bought it?
Mike

Toril S:
I agree, and have never used it!

BogdanH:
Mike, you read my mind!
I just saw a post in this regard and I though, am I missing something special about step recording or what? Now that you mentioned... seriously, I can't imagine composing a song that way  ???

Bogdan

ton37:
A keyboard is a 100% digital instrument with many options and functions.  In fact, it is a DAW, with ready-made keys and knobs.  So you practically don't need a computer.  In appearance, a keyboard only has the keys that are comparable to a piano.  If you look further, there is no similarity whatsoever.  But they have ensured that it can also produce a piano sound and digital amplification, etc., etc. For people that is a reason to buy one.  Just like in a DAW, one can use or not use the hundreds of digital functions.  So also a step editor.  Not because it has to be done, but because it is possible for a specific application.  Of course, each user decides this for themselves.

mikf:
Ton
I’m not buying any of that…..it’s a musical instrument, digital or not. My TV is digital, a lot of stuff in my car is digital, ….but I still buy one to watch and one to drive. If you’re not buying an arranger to play, you are definitely ‘out of step’….excuse the pun.
Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version