Author Topic: Help! Uploading styles to usb key.  (Read 725 times)

Offline MidnightCowboy

Help! Uploading styles to usb key.
« on: February 17, 2024, 05:47:18 PM »
HELP!
Having bought this new ew 425 a month or so ago, find that I am limited to uploading JUST 10 styles.... this is a joke. Surely cannot be right, there must be a way around this,yes?    AND again just 10 slots for  my recordings!!??
 I would love to hear of any work arounds for this nonsense...
Thanks in advance

Offline RONBO

Re: Help! Uploading styles to usb key.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2024, 06:41:26 PM »
dear Midnight Cowboy,

That model is limited to what it can do regarding style loading and song saving.

It is an entry level keyboard that you perhaps are asking too much of......maybe you should consider an upgrade.

Not trying to be funny here, but I believe you have already surpassed this keyboard's capacity.

best regards,

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Offline MidnightCowboy

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 09:57:00 PM »
dear ronbo, thanks, at 80 years old my pathetic pension would not stretch to your suggestion....and at nearly 500€, which took me a long time to save, I would not have called entry level!

The following users thanked this post: flailman

Offline RONBO

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2024, 03:12:47 PM »
Dear Midnight Cowboy,

Sorry if I offended you.  We have no way of knowing a person's age or even their personal financial issues when reacting to someone's post.

So be it if that's the model you can afford...... no problem for me to accept that...... or anyone else here on this forum.

Good luck and happy playing........ BTY, 80 is not old; Im right behind you by two years.

best regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Offline andyg

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2024, 03:42:54 PM »
Again, no offence meant, but it is entry level, albeit at the top of that range. Anything with a '4' is the minimum standard for my keyboard students taking exams and once they reach Grade 3, they'll have to upgrade, to a '7' or preferably '9' (and that would the last upgrade they'd need, even going up to Diploma level.

You are asking it to do more than it was meant to do and, to be honest, it's doing a lot more than that level of Yamaha keyboard used to do. I can remember being able to load in just 5 basic styles and then to choose just one of them to be available at any one time. And the only way to load them into the keyboard was with a old and slightly flaky piece of software called Musicsoft Downloader.

I'd always encourage you to push the keyboard to its limits, but equally to realise when you do reach them. Maybe at some point you'll upgrade, but look around for a good used instrument. I sold my last PSR-S900 for just £500 when I upgraded to a PSR-S970.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively