Author Topic: Genos Multipad Storage problem- Help  (Read 1000 times)

Offline rick76

Genos Multipad Storage problem- Help
« on: February 15, 2024, 03:02:23 PM »
Good morning,

I would greatly appreciate some help in solving this problem.

I have a style and I change the multipad to a setting I like from the main screen “Multipad” section in the bottom right of the screen.

I memorize in the registration I am using and save the bank. If I power of the Genos a power
On, I loose the Multipad setting.

If I press “Style” from the main screen, then press “mixer” , then press the M.Pad button, there Are
Greyed out boxes for each Multipad. I are guessing I am missing a step in populating these boxes.

What am I doing wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,   Rick

Re: Genos Multipad Storage problem- Help
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2024, 04:03:42 PM »
Hi Rick,

When you press the Memory button to store a registration, is the MultiPad box checked?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline rick76

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2024, 04:22:01 PM »
Thanks for your reply, Lee.

Yes, The Multipad is checked.

Offline rick76

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2024, 04:28:31 PM »
Lee,

I tried again and it worked. I don't know what I did different, but both times the multipage was checked.

Thanks again for your reply.

Some things on this beast are confounding, but I love it.

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2024, 04:35:06 PM »
Glad to help, Rick.

I checked one of my registrations where I memorized some string MultiPads. They are greyed out on the mixer tab, just like yours. I've never used that tab and I don't know why they are greyed out. I'll check the manual.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2024, 06:48:47 PM »
Okay, I found it Rick. I had forgotten that Multi Pads can be MIDI or Audio. The tab in the Mixer is used for adjusting the levels (balance) of the four audio Multi Pads. From page 86 of the Owner's Manual:

"Use this display when you want to adjust the balance among the four Audio Link Multi Pads."

If your using the Genos Multi Pads that display is greyed out.

Offline rick76

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2024, 11:18:37 PM »
Lee,

Thanks. The audio linked Multipad is next on my list to learn.

Thanks again

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2024, 11:33:39 PM »
Good stuff, Rick. When you have it figure out, let me know. I've never used it. Sounds intriguing.

Offline Bill

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2024, 10:33:16 AM »
Hi Rick

Another thing to consider.  It can get a bit confusing when using a registration and then deviate to the style.
When you save a multipart to a registration it is not automatically linked to a style.
You can easily save a MP link to a styles OTS simply push the memory button and one of the OTS buttons instead of the Reg buttons.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline rick76

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2024, 03:49:48 PM »
Bill, than you so much for your input. One Touch is also on my next
To learn list. I hope you have a great day