Author Topic: Great keyboardstand for Genos or PSR please  (Read 1269 times)

Offline Piano123

Great keyboardstand for Genos or PSR please
« on: February 13, 2024, 10:12:52 PM »
I am getting a PSR A5000 which is similar to PSR SX900 and looking for a high quality robust keyboard stand. Yamaha accessories shows the L-7B but wanted to know you are using in case there is something better or similar that i should explore. i am mainly setting it up in my house so want it to look nice but also high quality and stable.  THanks much for your inputs in advance. :)

Offline Lefty

Re: Great keyboardstand for Genos or PSR please
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 11:52:06 PM »
I'm using a model MS1080 Liquid Stands https://www.liquidstands.com.  $78 on Amazon. It's very adjustable, and easy to set up and use.  I bought the one with wheels.  It also comes with the feet, so you can easily go wheels or feet.  I liked it so much, I bought another one to hold my Studiologic.  You can either buy direct, or from Amazon, same price.

I also bought a pair of clamp on adjustable speaker stands.  I use them as a platform for my iPad or laptop.  I didn't buy the Liquid Stands one as it's too expensive.  I bought a pair of these stands on Amazon for about $40.  They work great, and since they clamp on the keyboard stand, they don't take up any floor space.

Best of luck finding what you want!
   Craig
Yamaha PSR-SX900, Studiologic Numa X 73, Lots of guitars and harmonicas

Offline Piano123

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 02:54:16 AM »
Hello Craig,

That stand is awesome looking! Thanks so much for Sharing.

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 06:36:17 AM »
Hi Fella

The L7B stand, from Yamaha is a very strong sturdy stand. However it is not adjustable for height, and so be aware of that. For most people, sitting at a keyboard it would be fine, but if you're gigging or a stand up player it's not easily as easily transportable either.One size does NOT fit all.
Don't buy a Scissor or X frame stands either. Although easy to transport and set up, they are not stable enough, and you can't get your knees under them!
I use a Stagg  MXS-A1 stand myself. See their website. Stagg also make microphone booms, tablet stands, and other accessories to fi this stand.

Whatever you buy, enjoy.

Keith.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 07:05:09 AM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline KurtAgain

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2024, 08:57:22 AM »
As Keith wrote, regular X-stands aren't exactly ideal. But double-X stands are stable, so nothing wobbles while playing. This one for example: https://www.thomann.de/gb/millenium_ks1010_keyboardstaender_economy.htm. But at least this X-stand is only very roughly adjustable in height.

You can solve the problem with your knees when sitting by not placing the keyboard in the middle of the stand, but pulling it slightly towards you. I use an X-stand this way.

Kurt

Offline Del B

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2024, 03:30:17 PM »
I use this one
https://www.gear4music.com/Keyboards-and-Pianos/Deluxe-2-Tier-Keyboard-Stand-by-Gear4music/1FQV?origin=product-ads&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv4bKntOthAMVcc_CBB05bw3rEAQYBSABEgJr5_D_BwE

I got this because I was going to get a second keyboard but now I have the Genos 2 I put that on the back boiler, I do have a L-7S the silver version of L-7B which I no longer use and it supported my Tyros 5 very well as does the one above which folds and is height adjustable. If you don't have a second keyboard to put on top you can remove that section, or you could put a piece of wood on it and use it for a shelf for a laptop or a monitor or any other equipment relevant to your needs.
Del
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 03:35:57 PM by Del B »

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2024, 08:17:14 PM »
Dear Piano123,

after many different stands, I finally got a beautiful Konig&Meyer one:
https://www.k-m.de/en/products/keyboard-stands/keyboard-tables/18820-table-style-keyboard-stand-omega-pro-black?c=171

The quality is the best one can think about. It is adjustable in height, and you can choose the best position of the bars for your specific keyboard.
It is also possible to fix additional arms for a second keyboard, for tablet, ecc.

Obviously it costs a little more than average stands, but you buy it forever.

Ciao,

Angelo
Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.