Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > Yamaha Keyboards - General

Do new yamaha keyboards have grand staff that displays the note you are playing?

(1/3) > >>

snow:
I have this old Yamaha PSR-GX76 keyboard. One amazing feature is it can display which note you are playing on the grand staff.  It also display the position of the key on the keyboard.  I have attached an image which you can see below.

Do new keyboards from Yamaha (or other brands) still have this feature?  If yes, which model numbers?
Thanks.

RONBO:
Hello,

I think not.

I have had 6 models since 2003 and none of them had /have that feature.

Sorry. regards. Ron

mikf:
I think it may have been discontinued because although you think it looks visually a neat feature, its really not all that useful
Mike

Amwilburn:
None of the Pro PSRs ever had this feature, but almost all the PSRE series used to; the current EZ series might still (oops, nope, I just checked the screen, it's not on there anymore either)

However, the pro PSRs now have the 'score' feature, which is better (because it shows timing as well, not just the staff position of the note).

Mark

SciNote:
I have it on my PSR-E433.  Not sure if it's on the newer E473 or not.  But honestly, it's not a feature I use.  It's funny this subject comes up because I'm working on recording a multi-track song, and I just happened to notice the note/staff display changing the displayed notes as I was playing the other night.

But like I said, while it's a cool feature, I never use it.  It might be beneficial for someone just learning how to play, to see how the keys relate to the notes, but even then, the player would likely be concentrating on the actual physical keys, and whatever music he or she is playing.  It's best to just learn the notes of the keyboard directly.  C is the white key right before the set of two black keys, and F is the white key right before the set of 3 black keys, and just go from there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version