Author Topic: Greetings From Illinois, I'm Gary seeking PSR SX900 knowledgeable Help!  (Read 917 times)

Offline GLP

Hello! I am fairly new to this site and to my PSR SX900. I have found that my keyboard is not as simple to navigate as I had hoped. It would be great to find someone in central Illinois that I could sit down with to go over a few things about the keyboard. Heck, I'll buy you a dinner. I have been looking through the manuals and YouTube vids and not finding answers. I get a lot of people that are unable to speak clear English, using keyboards that are not the PSR SX900 and talk about a completely different subject.

I am Retired and trying to catch up on today's technology. And would appreciate any help I could get.

Problem:  I plug my USB drive into the keyboard, download a song in the form of a 16-track midi file.
I pull the song up in the user file and I am able to play it. I have some tracks that I change the instruments on by selecting others that are available on those specific tracks and then may need to adjust the individual track volume. What I have not found how to do (which in my mind should be extremely easy) is to save the changes made in the tracks and then save the altered song to the playlist and/or the USB drive. I had a Korg 01Wfd in 1993 and that process was about 2 seconds long. (As I remember) Hopefully I am overlooking something very simple, and I hope someone is able to show me how stupid I am.

If I am posting this in the wrong forum I apologize. Please point me in the right direction.

Offline mikf

Re: Greetings From Illinois, I'm Gary seeking PSR SX900 knowledgeable Help!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024, 07:01:41 PM »
Hi GLP
You have to be in the midi recording mode to execute edits. Go to p74 in the SX reference manual (you can get that online). Just google it.
I know that seems a bit elaborate for minor edits, but it’s the Yamaha way.
If you still hit roadblocks post doing wha5 you need after reading the reference manual, post as specific a question as you can in the XS section of the forum. That section falls under the PSR boards. And use an abbreviated version of the question in the post title. That way people see straight away the likely nature of the post and will open it if they can help. Something as general as ‘looking for informed help’ may not get the right people to open it and the help you need.
And the section you posted in today is purely for new members to introduce themselves. No harm done, but being more specific in the right board may get you faster response.
One further small point, most of us find it helpful and more personal, if you add you name at the bottom of the post. Helps to be more specific when replying to long thread.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: GLP

Offline mikf

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 07:04:13 PM »
Gary, apologies, just noticed you did have your name buried in the long title…but better at the bottom….., then I would look for it in the right place.
Mike

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2024, 11:49:41 PM »
Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member. I’m sure you'll learn a lot about your new PSR-SX900 keyboard here on our forum and will experience many pleasurable hours playing it.

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there. The following link will take you to the Home page of the website:

https://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so. You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend, Peter (XeeniX) and maintained by another good friend, Runner4Fun, which presently contains 111,609 song titles in 2,936 indexed books. This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the website’s resources, which can be found at the following link:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We’re so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family. If you have any questions, then please just ask. Many of our members are always very willing to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline GLP

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2024, 10:52:07 PM »
Thank you for the information form both of you. I will take a look at this information, take a look at the reference manual and give it another try. I'll try to find the SX section of the Forum and Let you know how I did.

I actually joined this group last spring I guess and purchased a tutorial package but for some reason I had some problems and gave up on that. In my defense, I had just purchased my first computer in almost 20 years. After getting out of the internet. It Changed a whole lot since I left. Although my old computer was good when I stopped using it, it would not get me online and the computer stores would not even look at it.
It was a nice one to. Oh well, I know how things work a little more now but still not an expert. I now have a Samsung Galaxy laptop. Book 2, if my memory serves me. Oh I'm Babbling.
Thanks again,
Gary

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2024, 11:01:09 AM »
I actually joined this group last spring I guess and purchased a tutorial package but for some reason I had some problems and gave up on that.

Hi Gary,

If you purchased one of our PSR Tutorial resource sets last Spring, then your account status should be marked as a "Supporter".

Please provide me with your previous Username so we can verify your purchase. Once we are able to confirm your purchase your account will be upgraded to "Supporter", which will prove to be a great asset to you by allowing you to access additional forum boards. :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline pedro_pedroc

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2024, 11:29:03 AM »
Hello,

Welcome to the best resorce of Yamaha Arranger Keyboards.
I'm from Brazil, and I'm a performer on this website.
I invite you to watch my videos at my YT channel or PSR Performer page - the links are below my name.

Nice to meet you.
Best wishes,

Pedro Eleuterio

Offline overover

Welcome to the PSR Tutorial Forum, Gary!

All the best from Germany,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)