Author Topic: Styles bass quality, between 300 and 400 series  (Read 685 times)

Offline new-keyboard

Styles bass quality, between 300 and 400 series
« on: February 10, 2024, 02:49:08 AM »
Hello,
after some search about which keyboard is better for me,
i finally between PSR E373 and 463, i choosed E373 because newer and some better instrument sounds than 463..
all is good, but just about bass in styles, like dance category, i think the bass is not good in 373,
also with headphones!

while that style exactly exist in 463, and in youtube videos i heard bass and kick of that style is perfect and very good quality!

but that style in E373 not have bass or subwoofer i don't know exactly what is  name but anyway the styles with kick and bass not good in e373  :(
is this correct?

if yes why the exactly one style in this two keyboard is different in bass?
is yamaha removed bass from 300 series and just put it in 400 and above!?
thanks.

Offline BogdanH

Re: Styles bass quality, between 300 and 400 series
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024, 10:19:44 AM »
Hello and welcome to the forum.
If you compare PSR-373 (p.58) and PSR-E463 (p.3) voices, then you can see that these two keyboards have different voices built-in and amount of voices is also not the same. Some voices might sound very similar, but differences are to be expected.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline new-keyboard

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 01:25:37 PM »
thank, voices yeah some differents between these two model,
but i just talk about "kick and bass" of styles, and also no talk about speakers, because i record my perform directly to fl studio.
all is good but kick and bass is like very old techno musics (<95s), but in 463/473 the kick and bass is very better than 373  :-\
I just wanted to know is these two series are different in bass or not. and i think nobody attentioned about this.

Offline KurtAgain

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2024, 01:48:16 PM »
I just wanted to know is these two series are different in bass or not. and i think nobody attentioned about this.

I think there won't be many members who have experience with both keyboards and can compare them - myself included.
But for the most part, the more keyboards cost, the better they sound.