Author Topic: Connext external monitor to PSR SX900  (Read 1043 times)

Offline nenifoofer

Connext external monitor to PSR SX900
« on: February 06, 2024, 07:24:27 PM »
Hi guys
So far we have tried 2 display adaptors with no luck. My Computer tech partner looked at the official Yamaha List, contacted ths supplier and non are available in Australia. None of them turned up on ebay. some are listed, but out of stock.   So...what is your adaptor model that actually works? Thanks
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 07:28:01 PM by nenifoofer »
I am a newbie on the PSR 700

Offline stevem

Re: Connext external monitor to PSR SX900
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2024, 09:21:21 AM »
Hi,  i found that it is essential that the adapter had to be USB 2.

i use this one (i'm in UK, this was shipped in from USA).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BN5FI8K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

hope this is useful.
steve

Offline GaryW

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2024, 09:13:18 PM »
I purchased the DisplayLink Plug and Display USB 2.0 Adapter from Amazon.ca. It works great and is plug and play. This is the one posted by Nova, Thanks Nova. My monitor is not a touch screen, apparently you would need a "mini C" cable to activate a touch screen, there are no Mini C connections on the SX900.

Offline Patrick

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2024, 12:02:43 AM »
Hi, i hope Yamaha will not make this mistake again; if you want to connect your keyboard to an external display, you must purchase  a nUSB adaptater! So you lost one of your USB drive! The best thing is to have an HDMI connector in the back or RCA  of the keyboard as before (PSR 3000, ....); So Yamaha, you've to be more clever for the next PSR SX! All the best Patrick  :)

The following users thanked this post: Pityus