Author Topic: GENOS 1 VOLUME  (Read 2015 times)

Offline JohnH

GENOS 1 VOLUME
« on: February 02, 2024, 10:39:01 PM »
Playing Genos   sometime the volume drops down   play a little longer comes back to correct volume  played without style still did it--- what to do to fix   THANKS !!

Offline mikf

Re: GENOS 1 VOLUME
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2024, 01:46:28 AM »
That sounds to me like you have a component or connection acting up, - which wouldn’t be good news. And probably hard to find. It may be a job for a Yamaha tech.
Mike

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2024, 03:48:07 AM »
Mike, what if John tried a software reset?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2024, 01:27:38 PM »
Are you using the Genos speakers. Make sure the Sub woofer is connected properly as this can sometimes cause a problem as the cable connections get broken.

Offline JohnH

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2024, 05:50:53 PM »
I use a BOSE   L1  PRO 8       with Genos     

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2024, 06:07:03 PM »
then check the sound via headphones to see if the same thing happens; if you can't recreate this on headphones, it could be something as simple as your cable going.

If it does show up on headphones, then do a system reset (hold down the highest white key (G) wihle turning the power on. And if *that* does nothing, bring it to a Yamaha tech.

Mark

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2024, 08:21:52 PM »
I use a BOSE   L1  PRO 8       with Genos   
Same here, John. I use two of them. Great sound!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline JohnH

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2024, 10:54:07 PM »
THANKS EVERYBODY    i used ear phone all after noon    NO ISSUES   This is what it is   I got new hearing aids thru the VA,  i think certain sounds make the hearing aids cut back    i'll go VA next week & check it     IT SOUNDED GREAT WITH EAR PHONES    I've been wearing hearing aids for years first time  i had this  hearing gets worse as we get older so they increase certain frequencies & they probably have a safety net so loud certain sounds protect your hearing  ??  I did the soft reset before    HEY  im 88 years old playing a valentine gig in 2 weeks   music keeps me going  is the Genos2 worth going for ?? 

Offline Toril S

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2024, 12:42:53 AM »
Yes, this sound reduction feature can be turned of in your hearing aids. Most hearing sids also have different listenng programs for different sound situations. I had my audiologist install a specific music program too. Glad your speaker and keyboard are OK!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2024, 12:44:06 AM »
So glad you found the problem, John. Sounds like your hearing aids are doing what they were designed to do. Seems like they have a built-in compressor that caps excessive volumes that could damage your hearing even further. Good idea to have a qualified clinician check out the settings so they don't impede your enjoyment of the Genos.

As for your question about upgrading, I didn't because there wasn't a significant enough improvement in the software for stage use. Most say Genos 2 sounds way better. I would demo one and hear it for yourself...AFTER they adjust your hearing aids 👂.

Offline JohnH

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2024, 01:31:30 PM »
HELLO LEE     a while back i copied your recipe for   EQ--Comp   for the Genos   you stated you did for the bose speaker   do you still use that set up or have you changed it    either way could you post your set up again     with my new bose i went to genos harmony set up  whats your thoughts on this subject---THANKS LEE   seems like the gold is too much    the new bose L1 Pro8   is significantly different 

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2024, 01:55:18 PM »
Hi John,

At one point I used a modified version of the EG Gold setting when I played through two Bose Compacts. They had an F3 (the lowest frequency achievably at a -3dB drop) of 65 Hz and were missing all of the lower bass. An open E string on a bass guitar resonates at 41 Hz. The Pro 8s can reach that with excellent clarity.

For my Pro 8s a use either the Natural or Rich compressor setting, depending on the house I play in. As for the EQ settings I use Flat or Powerful, again depending on the house.

I must mention that on the Genos 1, I find most of the kick drum sounds are set up for the Genos speakers. When played through two Pro 8 speakers, the kick is very loud and boomy. Another issue is, the kick samples have a room resonance built right into the sample. It's like the kick has some reverb on all the time. The samples are not great either. I have not found a way to globally deal with the issue. I've tried EQing the low end but then I lose bass guitar warmth and I'm back to the sound of the Bose Compacts :(. One member suggested I need to edit each rhythm in my 250+ style collection. He's right. In fact he suggested I never use a Yamaha style in it's native form. When adding a song, I should pick a stock style and then immediately edit it to suit and save it as a user style. Before the Genos 2 came out, many wished for a separate drum EQ slot. It never came through.

As for the vocal harmonies, I have yet to play with those settings. My vocal contributions have been with the occasional harmony lines in background, hence, it receives low priority.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 01:58:20 PM by Lee Batchelor »

Offline OmbDave

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2024, 01:56:33 PM »
Hi John, I use the EQ settings created by ROBINEZ (he’s very knowledgeable about audio). I play through HK Audio Polar 10’s and to me they sound great. I’m usually playing to between 30 and 150 people depending on the venue. The ROBINEZ settings are well worth a try.
Good luck
Dave
Dave
Yamaha Genos
Korg i3 (2021)
Yamaha Tyros3
Roland Alpha Juno
Pearl Drums, Paiste & Avedis Zildjian Cymbals
HK Audio Polar10

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2024, 05:01:46 PM »
Hi John, I use the EQ settings created by ROBINEZ (he’s very knowledgeable about audio). I play through HK Audio Polar 10’s and to me they sound great. I’m usually playing to between 30 and 150 people depending on the venue. The ROBINEZ settings are well worth a try.
Good luck
Dave
Hi Dave,
Where can I get ROBINEZ's settings? I'd like to try them on my Pro 8. Thanks...

Offline JohnH

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2024, 09:50:47 PM »
Dave & Lee     got my hearing aids tuned in        i have ROBINEZ --   GOLD--    LeeB  --tried all them---   the Bose L1 PRO 8   Is really different from their older Bose       after   2 days  8 hours   here's my recipe      factory set up MELLOW    compressor  28/65/62  THANKS GUYS     somebody comes up with something better lets hear it      the Bose L! PRO is a different animal from any other speakers    JohnH from North Carolina

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2024, 09:57:46 PM »
Thanks, John. I'll give that a try.

I had my hearing tested about 10 months ago. At age 70, I'm still in the low end of normal. Not bad for playing along side obnoxiously loud guitarists for 35 years!!

Offline OmbDave

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2024, 01:59:07 PM »
Hi Lee,
Sorry for the delayed reply, I’m in a cardiac unit near Manchester U.k.at the moment (hopefully nothing too serious), I got the ROBINEZ EQ settings in this forum a few years ago and cannot remember where. It may have been from a reply to a question about EQ gold but I’ve done a search and couldn’t find it. I guess it’s still there somewhere, I’ll do some more digging when I get home. Good luck
Dave
Dave
Yamaha Genos
Korg i3 (2021)
Yamaha Tyros3
Roland Alpha Juno
Pearl Drums, Paiste & Avedis Zildjian Cymbals
HK Audio Polar10

Offline pjd

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2024, 07:41:36 PM »
Hi Dave --

Spent time in the cardiac clink, too. Best of luck, mate!

-- pj

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2024, 04:16:45 AM »
No worries and thanks Dave. Here's hoping all is well with your ticker 💓.