Author Topic: Genos 2 styles converted for PSR-S950 (and newer keyboards)  (Read 1721 times)

Offline DrakeM

Genos 2 styles converted for PSR-S950 (and newer keyboards)
« on: February 01, 2024, 03:36:52 PM »
Here is a link to You Tube of my work in progress so far where you may download the styles:

http://tinyurl.com/genos2024

I work up about 15 styles a week and post them as I get them finished. I will send the complete set to Joe when I have finished them.

Here is the list of styles I will be working up:

https://app.box.com/s/c4x1j9ax0q00hx6b07rdhqo5j3vg6lvq

Thanks to Chris for the styles
Thanks to Jorgen for the “revoice style” program so I can figure out the missing OTS
Thanks to Jorgen for the “rev drum clean” program to fix the G2 drum kit odd sounds out
Thanks to Stijn for converting the “Genos2 Playlist” to a PDF file. When I am at loss for what the missing voice is supposed to be, I use the suggested 2 songs from the list.

This was a team effort
Drake

Offline Sukanta

Re: Genos 2 styles converted for PSR-S950 (and newer keyboards)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 03:49:57 PM »
Thank you Sir. Let me try these styles on my sx900  :)

Offline porterma

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2024, 12:22:32 AM »
Hi Drakes,
Thank you so much for this huge collection of genos 2 styles that you have made available to us.
I can't wait to try them out!
Certainly giving you a "thumbs up" for this great gift!
I love how you have named the songs that the styles go with.
It certainly is no problem making a list of song titles with matching styles from your videos. Just wondered if you had a list already that we might have to use?
Thanks again for all this hard work.,

Mark

Offline jeep4446

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2024, 10:30:48 AM »
Great Job thanks

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2024, 10:04:13 AM »
Thanks Drake, I'm really curious to see what differences there will be between your conversions (the result of your experience) and the ones I'm trying to make haphazardly (the result of my inexperience lol) to understand  where to correct myself... thanks again. Pietro
P.S.: on SX900, I've already understood one thing, I have to use "rev drum clean" too, I'm doing the drum correction "on board" by ear, replacing the drum kit. Thanks to Jorgen for his fantastic programs.
P.P.S.: Sometimes a replaced voice sounds with an annoying metallic note... I have found that by replacing it with a megavoice the defect disappears, so I assume that some voices can only be replaced with a similar megavoice. correct?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 10:15:40 AM by Aquilauno »

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2024, 03:07:11 PM »
P.P.S.: Sometimes a replaced voice sounds with an annoying metallic note... I have found that by replacing it with a megavoice the defect disappears, so I assume that some voices can only be replaced with a similar megavoice. correct?

Yes, that is a sure sign to you that a Mega voice goes in that part of the style of some kind.

Most of the G2 styles use a completely different kit in the RHY1 spot and none of my S950 drum kits sound correct there. I just leave the RHY1 alone. The newer keyboards may have a drum kit that works, it will automatically be filled into the style.

I start with the Real Drum kit first for the RHY2 spot. Then I go through the various drum kits if needed to find the best sounding replacement. If there isn’t one that works as is, I pick the best of the worst and then edit or delete the weird sounds I don’t like. This very time consuming but it works.

I will in some styles edit a ticking sound with the C#1 sound. Like for the drummer doing a count in for the song.

Also in the PHR1 and PHR2 part of the style, you will find the G2 styles using a DOO WOP or SCAT voice of some kind. No matter what voice you sub in that part of the style it sounds really, really LOW. There is an easy fix for this however.

Open the style in the “Revoice Style” :
 http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/revsty/index.htm

To the far right is the Oct (octave) column. Change the BOX to +1 and save the style. Then reopen the style again and change the BOX to +1 a second time and save the style. You have simply raised the voice in that part of the style 2 octaves and can use any of the Chorus voices with the style.

Drake

The following users thanked this post: Aquilauno

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2024, 03:14:35 PM »
Hi Drakes,
Thank you so much for this huge collection of genos 2 styles that you have made available to us.
I can't wait to try them out!
Certainly giving you a "thumbs up" for this great gift!
I love how you have named the songs that the styles go with.
It certainly is no problem making a list of song titles with matching styles from your videos. Just wondered if you had a list already that we might have to use?
Thanks again for all this hard work.,

Mark

Here is a link to the spreadsheet I use.
https://app.box.com/s/g6azwa2lgtrzau3bhbzgbzp1o4hds7sl

Drake

The following users thanked this post: porterma, h.jambon, thomas750

Offline porterma

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2024, 06:21:15 PM »
Hi Drake,
Thank you so much for that spreadsheet.
It is exactly what I need.
Mark

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2024, 09:40:28 PM »
Great job,Drake - keep em coming!

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline nando

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2024, 01:29:45 PM »
 Thank you very much for this collection Drake. Great job and wonderful sound. :)