Author Topic: Finger number in score notes  (Read 424 times)

Offline dsvroland

Finger number in score notes
« on: January 25, 2024, 09:08:05 PM »
Today I returned to an issue (from my list of unresolved things) regarding Yamaha's MIDI stuff.

I've been a fan of the XF format for a long time, ever since I owned a PSR-730. At the time it was good to add lyrics and chords to MIDIs, over time I improved and made more use of the XF resources, if you are someone who has been dealing with this subject for "centuries", you know about the existence of XF-Format Tool, a free software from Yamaha, I used in Windows 95.

Senior member Jørgen still maintains a copy on his web site, however, there was a superior version only in Japanese, and some features were inherited in XGWorks.

Although the last release in English talks about the subject I want to cover, I never saw how to make use of this feature or which devices are compatible:

The XF can add numbers for the fingers in the scores generated with the events, I tested it on several keyboards and old Yamaha software, always without success.

This is the link where it talks about this edition, remembering that XGWorks itself can also generate and insert information about the number of fingers.

http://www.heikoplate.de/zips/xg_xf_spec.zip

Maybe someone here on the forum can have direct contact or is actually from Yamaha, or maybe a Yamaha user has already tried what I'm trying and got the answer.

What device or software is compatible with the XF format to view the finger number in the score added with XGWorks or XF-Tool?

Thank you in advance!

Previous Yamaha Keyboards: PSR-100, PSR-630, PSR-640, PSR-2100, DGX-505, DGX-650.
Current: SX600 & Genos
Previous Roland Keyboards: FP-20.
Current: FP-90X
Previous Casio Keyboard: CTK-500
Previous M-Audio Keyboards: Keystation 88 & Keystation 88 II