PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600

Buy PSR-SX700 or wait?

(1/6) > >>

Jcort154:
I have an old psr-s910 that has problems with multiple keys not sounding. It appears not to be a key problem as all the F# and G keys dont work except the highest ones. I called a local authorized yamaha service center and they couldnt promise me it could be fixed. So I looked at the current arrangers and I guess I would go for the SX700. But is it worth buying now or should I wait for the next models to come out. Id hate to buy and then in a year or so the new models come out.

BogdanH:
hello Jcort and welcome to the forum.
See this thread.

Bogdan

DrakeM:
Hello Jcort154

Well here is my experience with my past issue with my keyboard. The PSR-2000, I had I was 3 years old when I purchased off Ebay. I had it for 10 years and the screen went out on it. I took it to a dealer and it cost me $65 for them to tell me they could not get the parts to fix the keyboard.

I was lucky in 2013 that the S950 had just come out and I purchased one. But I would have purchased the S910 rather than be without a keyboard.

Your keyboard is S910 and is about 15 years old now.

I would take your monies and purchase the SX now, rather than be without a keyboard. The SX700 is going to cost less than what the next new SX keyboard is going to cost. So you will save money that way too, when you think about it.

Just remember there will always be something newer than what you have at some point. And I have always been able to get the NEW keyboard's styles to work just fine in my old keyboard. No Problem there man.  8)

Regards
Drake 

Danny1972:
Hi Jcort154,

Welcome to the forum :)

I think in your situation, if you're going new/latest, an SX700 would be an absolutely perfect replacement for the S910. There is nothing from that model you'd miss in an SX-700 and you get much more as well.

Not sure if waiting is the best option, it's really hard to tell when the next updates to the SX series will be. I say that because Yamahas trajectory has changed a bit and haven't been as predictable as in the past, so it could be end of this year or end of next year? Who knows !

Another thing to maybe also consider, I suspect they must be looking at what Korg will do in with their mid ranges as well because Korg are also due a replacement of their Pa700/Pa1000 series which are about two years or so older than the SX series.

So personally, I would get an SX700 and enjoy it's beauty :)

mikf:
Another thing to consider is that while the improvements add up over time, the step from one model to the next is seldom that big on Yamaha keyboards. So 910 to SX will be a nice step up, but SX to whatever comes next probably will probably not be that big. 
Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version