Author Topic: Next Yamaha Arranger Keyboards  (Read 2076 times)

luiscarlos2000 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Denn

Next Yamaha Arranger Keyboards
« on: January 22, 2024, 01:58:49 AM »
Yamaha keyboards, next list.
Genos3 will have an 88 note keyboard and maybe some modified voices and styles. No point in putting in more styles, less is best.
SX910 will be based on the present Genos the main thing will be the inbuilt speakers but still with a 61 note keyboard.
SX950 will be based on the present Genos the main thing will be the inbuilt speakers but with a 76 note keyboard.
Anything more in the production line (creating new styles and voices etc) will be getting away from the home keyboard arranger.
Just my opinion.
Denn.

Love knitting dolls

Offline mikf

Re: Next Yamaha Arranger Keyboards
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2024, 11:36:54 AM »
They canít meet the demand for Genos 2, Genos 3 is so far away you would need the Hubble telescope to see it.
Mike

Offline DaPaleRider

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2024, 11:41:55 AM »
For me it is important when Yamaha support the current arrangers for longer with updates and new functionality.
I think next year they will release new arrangers.
Yamaha CK61, Yamaha MODX7, Korg Pa5X, Yamaha YH-WL500, Roland Fantom 07, Roland Boutique D-05/TR-08, Logic Pro

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2024, 12:04:24 PM »
The SX series has to stay at 61 keys to be portable for gigs and the built in speakers are fine as they are my monitors. I already have purchased my separate PA system, I don't need Yamaha to provide that for me.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 12:06:33 PM by DrakeM »

Offline hans1966

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2024, 02:01:32 PM »
Personally I think that the new SX series will be released in mid-2025

Surely it will come with G2 features, and others typical of the update

greetings

Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline Denn

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2024, 05:51:48 AM »
Hello Drake, My sentiments exactly. My SX700 does very well. Denn.
Love knitting dolls

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2024, 03:44:15 PM »
I'm curious in regard of current SX900/700 owners... What would be your reason that would move you to buy the successor? In sense: "if it won't have this, then I'm not switching" or "if it will have this, then I'm switching" -by keeping wishes reasonable  :)

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline Keystar

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2024, 07:32:17 PM »
The one upgrade from the SX700/900 that Iíd really like to see is XLR mic input with phantom power. That would eliminate the need to bring a mixer when gigging as a solo singer/keyboardist. Harmony would be nice but not essential.

I brought the Genos 1 but had to return it because of a defect in the key bed. Now that my curiosity of owning a Genos has subsided, Iíve decided to hold off for a while to see when and what the next sx900 or pa1000 upgrades will be.

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2024, 09:45:16 PM »
My keyboard is over 10 years old now. I will buy what ever the next PSR/SX model has on it.

At this point, I'm an easy sale.  ;D

Offline AllanM

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2024, 06:15:16 AM »

I'd love to see an enhanced chord looper, with full editing abilities, quantizing, etc.
PSR SX900, Korg Kross2 88

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2024, 01:27:12 PM »
I'm curious in regard of current SX900/700 owners... What would be your reason that would move you to buy the successor? In sense: "if it won't have this, then I'm not switching" or "if it will have this, then I'm switching" -by keeping wishes reasonable  :)

Bogdan

Hi Bogdan

I think Yamaha will learn from the recent late introduction of the G2 that buyers want more information PRIOR to making purchasing decisions based on fact. What were they selling  Why the secrecy?
There was too much hype, and FAR too much delay

As a result I think that's why many of us migrated to the Pa5X.

I've got 2xSX700's. Will I replace them. No.
The reason is simple. They do what I bought them for. I made a good decision. They are the perfect arranger keyboard. As is my Pa5X.

Keith
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 11:03:49 PM by Divemaster »
Korg  PA5X
I also play a Yamaha PSR-SX700
I also own a Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2024, 02:17:51 PM »
hello Keith,
I think that Yamaha achieved the only goal that they had in mind: to crank up Genos sales (at least for certain period of time) -and so there's nothing for Yamaha to learn.
It's probably because I need to be careful with my expenses, but I really can't understand those who make purchase at the day of introduction -because not only initial price is usually blown up, but also because we don't know the whole truth at that time. Well, we all make our decisions and we must live with them.

I agree with you about SX700: it has the best price/performance ratio. But that might depend on where we live... I've heard that in USA, price difference between SX700 and SX900 isn't that big as here in Europe and so SX900 is probably better choice there.

Will I buy SX700 successor? Depends.. but I will for sure be very picky at my decision. For example, I want a proof that it has better keybed (current keybed quality is embarrassing). But my wish is, to step a bit higher and here I can only see Pa5X 61key right now -but only if Korg fixes existing OS issues till I save enough money. Luckily, I'm patient  :)

Bogdan

Offline mikf

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2024, 02:31:44 PM »
I donít think it matters which new model you are talking about, buyers upgrading to it from the previous Ďsameí model are a minority. So the answer to your question is fairly moot. Basically there are seldom enough reasons for anyone to jump to the successive model.
Most sales come from from people with no arranger at all, people with much older arrangers, people with much lesser models looking to upgrade, or people with other brands looking to change.
And I agree with you that there is no evidence for Divemasters point that Yamaha somehow screwed up the launch of Genos 2 and sales suffered. I think they are probably getting the sales they expected.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: Divemaster

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2024, 03:30:33 PM »
hi Mike,
..Basically there are seldom enough reasons for anyone to jump to the successive model.
-I agree with you.
What moved me to that question was because of the fact, that some have jumped from Genos1 to Genos2 and so I was curious in what case SX owners would do the same.
I did switch from PSR-S775 to it's successor, SX700. Main reason was touch display and three RH voices -and I don't regret my decision a bit.

Greetings,
Bogdan
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 03:40:24 PM by BogdanH »

Offline mikf

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2024, 04:59:10 PM »
TOTL replacements are a bit different, in that there is nowhere else to go, the latest will pretty much always be the best that is available, even if that Ďbestí is not that much of an improvement. And there are a number of enthusiasts who always want to be at the sharp end, lined up to buy, almost regardless.
 If they can afford it, why not.
But if you look back at some of my posts during the build up and all the speculation, I did say that I expected many to be a bit disappointed with what eventually emerged. Not because I knew anything, or had any inside knowledge - but because successive models have always had more modest improvements than people seem to expect, and those expectations had also grown exponentially due to the bigger time gap in releases. So it was inevitable that many would express disappointment.
Mike

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2024, 12:58:03 AM »
In possession of the SX900 at the moment.  I generally move up to the next upgrade if---

1.  To my ear and liking there is a noticeable improvement in voices, styles, and overall sound
2.  Price is manageable
3.  Able to sell what I have (Iíve had good luck with that)
4.  And, simply, the enjoyment of a new toy for making backing tracks and live play
5.  No more reasons needed

Online luiscarlos2000

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2024, 09:51:31 AM »
Don't know about the PSR-A series (someone here created a topic about that future keyboard), but I believe it will release at the same time as, or 1 or 2 years after the future PSR-SX workstation?
An owner of a PSR-A3000. I wanted to purchase the A5000 but I think that I'm closer 2 or 3 or so years before the new keyboard comes.
Past Yamaha keyboards that I now don't use: PSR-S710, PSR-A2000
Current Yamaha keyboard I use: PSR-A3000
Next, or future, Yamaha keyboard I will use: PSR-A5000

Offline metcam

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2024, 03:17:41 PM »
I am owner of PSR A-5000 (close to similar like SX-900).

As a soon new A? model will be released I will buy one.

Upgrade to newest model will be reason.

Best regards.
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland