Genos (12 Boards) > Genos and iPad & Songbook+

Songbook + at gig

(1/1)

iainmcg:
December 2023 turned on my songbook at gig only to find no pdf files only a statement to update or stick with original version which sounds ok till you have no wifi at a strange venue
lucky the venue had wifi and they gave me the password I have no reason to update to see a pdf file but more of these apps are demanding a fee. I know they think everybody needs extra add on to the program but most of us are happy with the basic .not sure where all of this is going I think they are looking at Apple with there obsolete policy on old phones and ipads
Just a 2024 rant have a great year

Fred Smith:
It’s to the benefit of us users to have Songbook supported. Support costs money. I’m not sure what the perfect system is for apps these days, but I would rather have support at a reasonable cost, than be abandoned.

At least Baum software gives you the option to stick with the old version at no cost.

Maybe in the future do a system check before you go to the gig.

Cheers,
Fred

iainmcg:
the program caught me cold I did not have that problem before so why would I check I have no problem with songbook but these programs should leave you behind if you want to not force you when your not looking. I did not want a argument on the subject only a observation from me 

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: iainmcg on January 21, 2024, 07:28:23 PM ---the program caught me cold I did not have that problem before so why would I check I have no problem with songbook but these programs should leave you behind if you want to not force you when your not looking. I did not want a argument on the subject only a observation from me

--- End quote ---

I didn’t want an argument either, just my observation.

Cheers,
Fred

Amwilburn:
Iain, I believe Fred was trying to be helpful in offering a suggestion, that's all :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version