Author Topic: can i move my style folder  (Read 408 times)

Offline maarkr

can i move my style folder
« on: January 17, 2024, 03:06:52 AM »
I could swear I saw this a while ago but now can't find it... when I got my sx900 I got a usb stick... added a folder named Songs to store my user styles.  After building many styles I copied the folder on the usb to a new folder named 01Styles for ease of file management. I kept my registration files on the sx900.  I haven't tried yet but how do I link my registrations to the new folder styles? If I remove my Songs folder will it prompt me to link my reg file to the style in the new 01Styles folder?
aka Gene Maarkr. PSR-SX900, FA-06, PX-5S, Yamaha drums, Epi Les Paul, Yamaha bass, Studio One DAW w Waves, NI, IKM, iZotope.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: can i move my style folder
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 03:47:49 AM »
I could swear I saw this a while ago but now can't find it... when I got my sx900 I got a usb stick... added a folder named Songs to store my user styles.  After building many styles I copied the folder on the usb to a new folder named 01Styles for ease of file management. I kept my registration files on the sx900.  I haven't tried yet but how do I link my registrations to the new folder styles? If I remove my Songs folder will it prompt me to link my reg file to the style in the new 01Styles folder?

To fix your registrations, you will need to re-memorize each one that references your styles.

The alternative is to use Murray Best's Registration Manager, which can make the changes in one batch run.

For your last question, there will be no relink prompt. If a registration can’t find the style, it won’t do anything — it just leaves the currently loaded style as is.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: maarkr