Author Topic: Yamaha SEQTRAK  (Read 1379 times)

Offline pjd

Yamaha SEQTRAK
« on: January 17, 2024, 12:49:21 AM »
Not a keyboard, but it is a new product announced today. Yamaha wants into the groove box market, again.

-- pj

https://sandsoftwaresound.net/namm-2024-yamaha-seqtrak-ideastation/
https://sandsoftwaresound.net/yamaha-seqtrak-quick-reaction/

Offline ugawoga

Re: Yamaha SEQTRAK
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2024, 04:01:22 PM »
It is a useless toy for the button pushers ;D
In other words basic for EDM rubbish

EDM is only chords repeated and ultimately boring,minimalistic music,if you can call it that. ;D
Might as well go for a Casio ,D,da daaaaa Da!! or a kids wind up musical toy. Must have different colour flashing lights also

Rap and EDM  and today's music is all conveyor belt rubbish that makes money moguls even richer.
Have you noticed how music since the eighties has got  totally depressing :-[
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 04:08:59 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2024, 04:18:53 PM »
You are right there John.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2024, 04:28:41 PM »
EDM is only chords repeated

Whereas, Status Quo .....  ::)
Genos

Offline DaPaleRider

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2024, 05:19:06 PM »

EDM is only chords repeated and ultimately boring,minimalistic music,if you can call it that. ;D
Might as well go for a Casio ,D,da daaaaa Da!! or a kids wind up musical toy. Must have different colour flashing lights also

Rap and EDM  and today's music is all conveyor belt rubbish that makes money moguls even richer.

EDM music has its breeding ground from the 80s. It is a different music movement from the 80s, just like so many music movements emerged from the 80s. Unfortunately, you don't find music from the 80s much anymore, but there are plenty of videos to find out why. But EDM is not rubbish it is a new style where the beat is most important.
Yamaha CK61, Yamaha MODX7, Korg Pa5X, Yamaha YH-WL500, Roland Fantom 07, Roland Boutique D-05/TR-08, Logic Pro

Offline DaPaleRider

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2024, 05:23:35 PM »
I love the SEQTRAK and will buy one when released. Making grooves in the palm of your hand. With the SEQTRAK you have a drum computer, synthesizer and sequencer in a small device with 2000+ sounds. In fact, this is a beautiful piece of engineering. Music enthusiasts, producers and sound engineers will find this a great device, and today's Youtube videos confirm this.
Yamaha CK61, Yamaha MODX7, Korg Pa5X, Yamaha YH-WL500, Roland Fantom 07, Roland Boutique D-05/TR-08, Logic Pro

Offline RoyB

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2024, 05:31:12 PM »

Nothing like the Stock Aitken and Waterman stuff from the eighties then.
Roy

Tyros 5-76; Roland FA08; Yammex V3; Behringer Q502USB; Arturia BeatStep; Alesis Elevate 3 MkIII;  Yamaha YST-FSW050; Sony MDR 7510; MultiTrackStudio Pro + AAMS.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQu3I6XidcZWOmsl_FM49_Q/videos

Offline DaPaleRider

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2024, 05:35:44 PM »
Nothing like the Stock Aitken and Waterman stuff from the eighties then.
hahaha yes indeed, they could do something with it too. repeating beats and sounds. And very successful by the way.

Offline Lefty

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2024, 06:56:36 PM »

Why do we think it's OK to call music we don't like, "rubbish".   I've seen several folks here posting about how no one should post bad things about Yamaha or Genos. How are "EDM is rubbish" kinds of posts different from saying Yamaha is crap, or the Genos 2 is a ripoff? (Personally I believe Yamaha is an average multinational corporation, and the G2 is a moderate improvement over the G1, so I'm neither a fanboy or troll)

Personally, I don't care much for EDM, but I don't think it's rubbish.  It's just not MY music.

I looked at the Yamaha SEQTRAK in a couple of videos.  I didn't care for how many functions require you to remember multi-button sequences to activate.  My memory just isn't that great.  My shop has them on pre-order for $400 U.S.  Looks interesting, but I don't see how I would use it in my workflow.

Best regards,
   Craig
Yamaha PSR-SX900, Studiologic Numa X 73, Lots of guitars and harmonicas

The following users thanked this post: Bill, fjafan

Offline Michael Trigoboff

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2024, 10:17:33 PM »
Why do we think it's OK to call music we don't like, "rubbish". 

People do it because it sounds like rubbish to them.

That feeling varies considerably from person to person, and especially from generation to generation. We tend to like the music that was around from the time we went through puberty until about 20 years later. I think this is probably biological.

My music (the best music ever created! :D) extended from the late 1950s through about 1980. I can see intellectually why that isn’t an objective evaluation, but my nervous system doesn’t give a rip. It likes what it likes, and that’s all there is to it.
retired software developer and Computer Science instructor
Grateful Deadhead emeritus

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
-- Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Offline pjd

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2024, 12:10:12 AM »
"Live and let live."

If SEQTRAK pays the bills at Yamaha, no prob! Yamaha could make and sell an instrument for Tuvan Throat Singing. As long as it enables other good stuff, I'm down with that.  ;)

-- pj

Offline Michael Trigoboff

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2024, 02:23:11 AM »
"Live and let live."

If SEQTRAK pays the bills at Yamaha, no prob! Yamaha could make and sell an instrument for Tuvan Throat Singing. As long as it enables other good stuff, I'm down with that.  ;)

You mean to tell me there isn’t a Tuvan Throat Singing voice on the Genos2 or Montage M?  :D
retired software developer and Computer Science instructor
Grateful Deadhead emeritus

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
-- Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Offline DaPaleRider

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2024, 06:37:18 AM »
A warning for people who want to purchase a SEQTRAK. Watch this video first. There are some problems with a specific key.

https://youtu.be/NrBpl-WNP2k?si=XTDww3kHa8XG0JY1