Author Topic: Tyros 4 : Using foot pedal to control registrations  (Read 776 times)

Offline Technics

Tyros 4 : Using foot pedal to control registrations
« on: January 15, 2024, 09:37:58 PM »
For some reason when using my  foot  pedal to change registrations for a piece of music. The initial press of the pedal will not change from Reg 1 to Reg 2. A further press of the foot pedal changes registration from Reg 1 to Reg 2. A single press then works through all registration with just a single press of the pedal. Am I doing something wrong ?

Offline andyg

Re: Tyros 4 : Using foot pedal to control registrations
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2024, 09:51:08 PM »
No, that's how it works. You have to 'prime' the Registration Sequence with that first press of the pedal.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 01:49:33 AM »
For some reason when using my  foot  pedal to change registrations for a piece of music. The initial press of the pedal will not change from Reg 1 to Reg 2. A further press of the foot pedal changes registration from Reg 1 to Reg 2. A single press then works through all registration with just a single press of the pedal. Am I doing something wrong ?

That's not how my registrations work. I never have to press the foot pedal twice. Only once.

Is sounds to me like you are manually pressing Reg1. The problem with this is when you press the foot pedal, it's moving to Reg1 (the first one it's told to go to). So it looks like it's doing nothing. You need to use only the pedal. It will do everything you want.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline andyg

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2024, 09:11:42 AM »
When I enable Reg Sequence, or switch to a new Registration Bank that has a sequence, I always have to press once to 'prime' the sequence and put it on to 1. Just checked on S970 and Genos.

Maybe I've misunderstood the original post. With the sequence indicator already on 1, are you saying that it still requires an extra press to get to 2? That would be unusual, and I've not encountered it.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2024, 10:14:01 AM »
Technics,

I agree with Fred on this one. I never have to push the pedal twice. What I do is when I call up a registration from Songbook+, I link it with no registration pushed or lit up. I start my registration sequence on registration #2. I manually hit the registration #1 button and then the pedal will cycle thru the rest of the sequence. There are many ways to accomplish the same thing.

If you start your sequence on #1 and manually press the #1 button, it will take two presses to get to #2. Try starting your sequence on #2 and see if that helps.

Rick D.

Offline Technics

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2024, 12:47:53 PM »
Many thanks to all for your help and advice on this. It’s appreciated
Mike

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2024, 08:02:36 PM »

The initial pedal press changes it *to* the first one in the sequence. Unless you manually tab right (or "+" on the Genoses) to get to the first registration before that.

When you load a registration bank, *nothing* it in is selected *yet*. When you step on the pedal *once* you go to the first registration in that sequence.

Mark