Author Topic: style name changes  (Read 1038 times)

Offline maarkr

style name changes
« on: January 15, 2024, 12:59:40 AM »
newish user... I was reading some Genos posts and saw this:
you can only change a style in the style creator, and then you have to save the altered style as a completely new additional style in your user area. And to do this it needs a new name otherwise the machine just keeps selecting the original preset style with that name.
does this mean that if my saved style is changed in style creator and saved to the same name, it will NOT save those changes unless I use a different style name? iow, each time I edit and save the style in style creator I must save it using a different name to keep the changes?
aka Gene Maarkr. PSR-SX900, FA-06, PX-5S, Yamaha drums, Epi Les Paul, Yamaha bass, Studio One DAW w Waves, NI, IKM, iZotope.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: style name changes
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2024, 02:03:43 AM »
newish user... I was reading some Genos posts and saw this:does this mean that if my saved style is changed in style creator and saved to the same name, it will NOT save those changes unless I use a different style name? iow, each time I edit and save the style in style creator I must save it using a different name to keep the changes?

The post is talking about modifying a preset. If you’re modifying something else, you can save it back to itself.

Even when modifying a preset, you can use the sane name as you’re going to be saving it to a different location (User, USB, etc). You just need to navigate to its location when you load it.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: maarkr

Offline EileenL

Re: style name changes
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2024, 01:54:44 PM »
You can just add a number1 to title and save into your User folder.

The following users thanked this post: maarkr