Author Topic: 100+ new Genos2 Styles adapted to Genos1 - VERSION 2  (Read 4906 times)

100+ new Genos2 Styles adapted to Genos1 - VERSION 2
« on: January 11, 2024, 09:26:13 PM »
Dear friends,

as anticipated, I have revised all the Styles I had adapted from Genos2 to Genos1.

Mostly I tried to improve the mixing of the tracks, which is quite effective.
In some cases worked on the Drum tracks for more accurate sounding.
Various OTS have been changed and/or remixed.
A more leveled volume among the Styles has been achieved.

If you liked the previous ones, I suggest to download the new set, as it definitely sounds better. Of course it could be interesting also for forum members who didn't download the initial set.
You can download the new set of Styles, at the following new link (previous Styles have been removed).

https://app.box.com/s/mv1c1dv493slr5bkoo2ghywjqhqau2f9

Hope you will enjoy  :D

Ciao,

Angelo
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 10:05:54 PM by MadrasGiaguari »
Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

Offline porterma

Re: 100+ new Genos2 Styles adapted to Genos1 VERSION 2
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 11:31:09 PM »
Thank you, Angelo
I really enjoyed using your previous set of styles on my Genos 1.
And now I look forward to trying these revised set of styles.
Thank you for all you efforts on producing and sharing these styles with us.

Mark

The following users thanked this post: poinsot, egianto, MadrasGiaguari

Offline Patrick

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2024, 02:47:23 AM »
Hi Angelo, thank's a lot; great sounds on the Sx900; have a nice weekend; all the best Patrick  :)

The following users thanked this post: egianto, MadrasGiaguari

Offline wolfram

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2024, 11:47:15 AM »
Hello Angelo,a great thanks for sharing those beautiful music,
kind regards,
wolfram

Offline Patt22

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2024, 01:26:00 PM »
Hello Angelo,

Thank you for adapting G2 styles for the G1.
I tested the first version and I'm glad that the Dynamic Control of the Genos 1 works on these Styles ... Cool.
Since I got the Genos [ 2018 ] , the "Dynamic
Control " is always engaged on one of the three velocities on my keyboard ( DirectAcces / Start/Stop / click the box on the right to choose your Dynamic on the keyboard ) ... something they removed on the Genos2 ! This is the main reason I haven't switched to the Genos2 ...
We didn't need this button function which already existed otherwise but was little used / known and yet great with the keyboard Dynamics ! !
Can't wait to try out your new version of styles ... Thanks

Patrick
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 02:17:19 PM by Patt22 »
Genos-mfc10-GroovyBand Live Platinium-VoiceLive3X-DRX15- UI24R- HF SM35 ...

Music is a Wave, choose the right Frequency to touch the Soul of those who listen to you ...

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2024, 02:42:08 PM »
Dear Patrick,

I 100% agree that Dynamic Control is a very useful feature, that I keep On in all my playing.

Even though I always use an Expression pedal (to control all or some of the various Parts), the Dynamic Control helps a lot for emulating a realistic change of intensity within a song progression.

IMHO Genos 1 was and still is (and will be) a masterpiece under many aspects.
I still need more years to discover a satisfactory portion of its huge potential. Only at that point I will think to get a new arranger, unless Yamaha would issue for Genos2 sensational software updates offering new really significant functions.

I would appreciate your detailed (and frank...) comments, once you will have gone throughout the revised Set.

Ciao,

Angelo
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

Offline Patt22

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2024, 05:00:52 PM »
Thanks Angelo, finally a support / user for the Dynamic Control of the Genos 1,

As I mentioned on another subject, I also associate the expression pedal but with a programming of 50/60 to 127 which gives more finesse in the control of Balance / Dynamic between the left hand and the right hand, my styles are mostly set to 100 in general volume (Yamaha settings ).

I've noticed that some dynamic tracks that should be fixed when the volume is changed ... remain dynamics without the volume value following on the Mix page, I haven't yet found the function that allows this in Styles creator ( Lock or unlock track dynamics if volume is modified! ).

Yes, we have a lot to explore on the Genos 1 ...

Patrick
Genos-mfc10-GroovyBand Live Platinium-VoiceLive3X-DRX15- UI24R- HF SM35 ...

Music is a Wave, choose the right Frequency to touch the Soul of those who listen to you ...

The following users thanked this post: MadrasGiaguari

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2024, 09:36:00 PM »
Thanks. I wonder if any more of the new styles will be converted in the future? And how good are these convertions compared to those R&B styles from the Genos 2 that someone posted a while back?

Offline pjd

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2024, 06:21:03 PM »
Thanks. I wonder if any more of the new styles will be converted in the future? And how good are these convertions compared to those R&B styles from the Genos 2 that someone posted a while back?

Hi --

I'm the someone who posted the converted R&B styles.  :)

Conversion is a time-consuming, volunteer effort. Drake and Xeenix have done some conversions, too. Thank goodness there are multiple people with interest in different musical genres. I did R&B because I'm familiar with the genre and have a personal need/curiosity.

So, whether more conversions are done, well, that's up to the good graces of the Forum community. Why not give it a try? We all need the help.  :)

All the best -- pj

Offline The Wizz

Re: 100+ new Genos2 Styles adapted to Genos1 - VERSION 2
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2024, 03:33:18 PM »
Dear friends,

as anticipated, I have revised all the Styles I had adapted from Genos2 to Genos1.

Mostly I tried to improve the mixing of the tracks, which is quite effective.
In some cases worked on the Drum tracks for more accurate sounding.
Various OTS have been changed and/or remixed.
A more leveled volume among the Styles has been achieved.

If you liked the previous ones, I suggest to download the new set, as it definitely sounds better. Of course it could be interesting also for forum members who didn't download the initial set.
You can download the new set of Styles, at the following new link (previous Styles have been removed).

https://app.box.com/s/mv1c1dv493slr5bkoo2ghywjqhqau2f9

Hope you will enjoy  :D

Ciao,

Angelo

Really enjoyed your initial Genos2 Styles converted to Genos1.
I am looking forward to trying your updated version.

Thanks again and all the best for 2024.

The Wizz.

The following users thanked this post: Dick Rector, MadrasGiaguari

Offline Joe H

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2024, 10:52:07 PM »
Hi --

I'm the someone who posted the converted R&B styles.  :)

Conversion is a time-consuming, volunteer effort. Drake and Xeenix have done some conversions, too. Thank goodness there are multiple people with interest in different musical genres. I did R&B because I'm familiar with the genre and have a personal need/curiosity.

So, whether more conversions are done, well, that's up to the good graces of the Forum community. Why not give it a try? We all need the help.  :)

All the best -- pj

Well I can contribute 11 G2 Dance styles mixed for the PSR S970 Euro Dance Pack

The zip file includes the S970 EDP .ppf with 62 styles and 11 G2 Dance styles converted using the S970 EDP Voices and Preset Voices. You may have to tweak them a bit to suite your own taste. My custom EDP includes 62 styles that use the EDP Voices, So now you have 73 EDP styles to play on your keyboard.  The EuroDance62_S970.ppf should load via YEM into all keyboards S970 and newer.  My apologies if I didn't change any custom Voices to EDP Voices or Preset Voices.  If you like EDM... enjoy!

https://app.box.com/s/tq3hnop6wb67hizhzkx326ozeito548g

EDIT 1-26-24; I removed the download link, see new post:   16 Genos 2 Dance Styles for PSR Euro Dance Pack
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,68567.new.html#new

Joe H

« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 04:15:17 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: motifes, frajag, fjafan, pjd, ULOCNI, ticktock, MadrasGiaguari, chesterkins, Roshure, Amwilburn

Offline Joe H

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2024, 04:06:56 PM »
FYI... The G2 dance styles do not sound good with the Preset Voices only. So the 11 G2 styles were originally mixed with Easy Sounds Analog Xperience, Magic Dance synth expansion pack voices and the Euro Dance and some Preset Voices.  When I decided to share these 11 styles and the only way to do that was with the Euro Dance pack because anyone with the 2 Easy Sounds packs installed are most likely to have different LSBs assigned to these packs.  While you can convert the LSB numbers within styles using MixMaster, the OTS is not so easily converted.

Also the Tyros and Genos keyboards have built-in Euro Dance Voices but have different Voice numbers assigned to them than the PSR version so that's why I included the PSR EDP which can be loaded into the T5, Genos and PSR sx keyboards.

My EDP file includes the original 40 styles, 10 Tyros 4 styles and 12 Tyros 5 styles for a total of 62 styles.

Joe H
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 05:00:32 PM by Joe H »

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: georgewwwh

Offline Patrick

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2024, 05:11:00 PM »
Hi Joe, thank you for the dance styles; i'll try them; all the best Patrick  :)

Offline stkeys

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2024, 10:30:39 PM »
Thanks Angelo, I appreciate the share.

Steve.

Offline Patrick

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2024, 07:36:09 AM »
Hi Joe, i've tryed some styles on the SX900, they're very good! I've used the live contrle button and adjust the volume and the apeggio/gate/... in live playing; just excellents  styles to play and improvise some dance songs; thank you for all Patrick; have a nice day Cheers Patrick

Offline Joe H

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2024, 02:37:26 PM »
Hi Patrick,

Thank you for the feedback. I'm hoping to convert more of the G2 dance styles in the coming days. These styles are different than the ones on my S970.

Cheers,
Joe H

Offline klaplante

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2024, 05:24:39 PM »
Thank you very much for these Angelo!

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2024, 08:10:05 AM »
Dear Angelo,

Good day to you.

Thank you a million times for your kind support by giving us these  100+ new Genos2 Styles adapted to Genos1 - VERSION 2

I wonder if you have VERSION 1 ??

I was busy and today only I opened the PSR forum and I was surprised to see the link for the styles. I am now in the process of trying out the styles and they are really awesome, Great quality and fantastic arrangements.
I am  really happy.

Kindly request you to give us more new and latest  styles for GENOS 1 from GENOS 2.

Thank you again for your valued support and please continue to do so.

Please send me a reply.

God Bless you,

Take care

Sarath :) 8)

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2024, 05:06:48 PM »
Dear Sarath,

thank you for the kind words, very appreciated.

Version 1 (no more at the link) had the SAME Styles as for Version 2. The only difference is that the ones you find now at the link (Version 2) have been intensively revised both in accompaniment and OTS.

Enjoy!

Ciao,

Angelo

The following users thanked this post: donmac875