Author Topic: size and form for your avatar  (Read 1049 times)

size and form for your avatar
« on: January 09, 2024, 06:28:32 PM »
Hi,

Another one. What is the format and size for your avatar? Tried different sorts but to no use lol
own: wersi abacus duo pro deluxe
        Genos 2

owned: Tyros 1, psr 9000, yamaha hs8 with cvs10 and mdr3, hamond aurora Classic, yamaha c55n, omegan 1200

Offline overover

Re: size and form for your avatar
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2024, 09:44:20 PM »
Hi Wersiplayer,

The problem that an avatar is not accepted is usually not the file size, but the number of pixels.

With 80*80 pixels it certainly works. Normally up to 90 pixels are possible. I recommend .jpg as the file format. But it should also work with .png or .gif, for example.

I suspect your picture is (much) larger than the number of pixels mentioned. Please try to resize the picture to around 80*80, maximum 90*90 pixels. You can do this in a suitable photo editor program or on a website like picresize.com:
>>> https://picresize.com/

Hope this helps!

By the way, I moved your topic from the "Forum Comments and Suggestions" board here to the "Forum How To Focus" board.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: wersiplayer

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: size and form for your avatar
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2024, 03:15:26 AM »
Hi Roger,

I frequently receive requests from members to modify their photos and update their profiles.  As Chris said; "It's not the file size, it's the "pixel size" (the number of pixels, horizontally x vertically)."

Depending upon the files that members send me, I've modified their original files in various ways.  Some samples are as follows: (90 x 76)...(90 x 67)...(80 x 80)...(70 x 80)...(64 x 80)...(59 x 80).

If you're still having trouble uploading an Avatar to your Forum Profile, after reading this information, please email me with a request to add an Avatar to your Forum Profile and attach the photo you would like to use to your email.  I will return the original photo and the modified photo to you for your archives.  You may find my email address by viewing my Forum Profile.

I hope this helps you. :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: wersiplayer