Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > DGX Portable Grand Pianos (DGX 620,630,640,650,660,670)

Additional hidden voices (instruments) found on DGX-670

(1/2) > >>

T. Schaub:
As many people already know, the DGX-670 contains many hidden voices (instruments) that are not accessible from the menu. The 480 GM & XG and 265 GM2 voices are well known, but I've also found about 150 additional voices from the Tyros 3 era, some of which are present on the DGX-660 but left out of the menu on the DGX-670.
Examples: Venus EP, Purple Organ, 18String Guitar, 1o1 Sub, Under Heim, etc.

Some of them sound very similar to existing voices, while others are completely unique such as Velo Ashrami and Little Bass Synth (sounds a bit like the adults talking in the Peanuts cartoons if you use your imagination).

I created some 'vce' files so that I could access the voices from the User folder, and searched the forums looking for any mention of these voices but couldn't find any other reference to them. Has anyone else discovered them or discussed them? Would anyone be interested in having them?

7artefoto:
HI. I would like to have your vce files. I have some myself but they are mixed with other files. Would love to have a zip file with only the hidden ones.

To me the 2 best sounds are the symphonic strings and the orchestra strings (same sample but with different attack). I donīt know why they are hidden because they have good quality and sound like strings unlike the strings pad which sounds good but have a synthy sound in the midtones.

T. Schaub:
Sure. Here is a zip file (79 kB) with the hidden voices and a list of their midi codes in case you'd like to program them in later.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/djpp4gcfybh4e14mdi2qe/DGX-670-hidden-voices.zip?rlkey=23mo71hbx2sw6zximn1e6og52&dl=1

Graham UK:
Thank you...Yes these work nicely on my DGX670.

I do use many VCEs downloaded from here PSRtutorial

Helbi:
Many thanks from me too. The voices also work on the CVP-905. :)
Helbi

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version