Author Topic: Additional hidden voices (instruments) found on DGX-670  (Read 1467 times)

Offline T. Schaub

Additional hidden voices (instruments) found on DGX-670
« on: January 07, 2024, 05:48:27 AM »
As many people already know, the DGX-670 contains many hidden voices (instruments) that are not accessible from the menu. The 480 GM & XG and 265 GM2 voices are well known, but I've also found about 150 additional voices from the Tyros 3 era, some of which are present on the DGX-660 but left out of the menu on the DGX-670.
Examples: Venus EP, Purple Organ, 18String Guitar, 1o1 Sub, Under Heim, etc.

Some of them sound very similar to existing voices, while others are completely unique such as Velo Ashrami and Little Bass Synth (sounds a bit like the adults talking in the Peanuts cartoons if you use your imagination).

I created some 'vce' files so that I could access the voices from the User folder, and searched the forums looking for any mention of these voices but couldn't find any other reference to them. Has anyone else discovered them or discussed them? Would anyone be interested in having them?

Offline 7artefoto

Re: Additional hidden voices (instruments) found on DGX-670
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 09:39:36 PM »
HI. I would like to have your vce files. I have some myself but they are mixed with other files. Would love to have a zip file with only the hidden ones.

To me the 2 best sounds are the symphonic strings and the orchestra strings (same sample but with different attack). I donīt know why they are hidden because they have good quality and sound like strings unlike the strings pad which sounds good but have a synthy sound in the midtones.

Offline T. Schaub

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 04:24:20 AM »
Sure. Here is a zip file (79 kB) with the hidden voices and a list of their midi codes in case you'd like to program them in later.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/djpp4gcfybh4e14mdi2qe/DGX-670-hidden-voices.zip?rlkey=23mo71hbx2sw6zximn1e6og52&dl=1

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK, rphillipchuk, georgewwwh, wersianer, Roshure, flailman, Helbi, 7artefoto

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2024, 11:25:02 AM »
Thank you...Yes these work nicely on my DGX670.

I do use many VCEs downloaded from here PSRtutorial
DGX670

Offline Helbi

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2024, 04:16:04 PM »
Many thanks from me too. The voices also work on the CVP-905. :)
Helbi

Offline T. Schaub

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2024, 05:45:27 AM »
Many thanks from me too. The voices also work on the CVP-905. :)
Helbi

I'm glad to hear that they also work for you on the CVP-905! Fortunately for you, all of the voices in the DGX-670, including all the hidden ones, are already accessible from the CVP-905's menu, so these files will just give you duplicates.

I think the CVP also offers built-in access to all the old GM/XG/GM2 voices without needing to install any files. I found some vce files that add these voices to the DGX-670, but they came from a different keyboard so the names and settings were different than what you get when you select them through a midi connection.

If anyone's interested, I've also created a zip file (346 kB) of vce files for the GM/XG/GM2 voices here.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xb8nye7flotloyb465uz4/DGX-670-GM-XG-voices.zip?rlkey=7f9i54lbtpvakv8x6h88mdnub&dl=1

Offline Helbi

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2024, 11:35:43 AM »
The CVP-905 has a very good search function, also for voices. And some of the hidden voices are not found on the CVP, so I think they are not duplicates.

Offline JCGHRA

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2024, 10:07:57 PM »
Help me, please!! This DGX-670 has ruined my life.  I don't have time for golf, running, pickleball, eating, sleeping, wife.....There is so much to learn, to experience, to create, to orchestrate, to organize, to harmonize..... I can't begin to do it all...My therapist has suggested I quit this obsession.....I"m getting a new therapist!

Edit: Text in CAPITAL letters changed to normal notation by overover.

@JCGHRA
Please use normal spelling (upper and lower case) in your posts. Writing everything in CAPITALS means shouting on forums. Thank you, Chris (overover)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 03:35:47 AM by overover »

The following users thanked this post: flailman

Offline rphillipchuk

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2024, 01:11:46 AM »
Help me, please!! This DGX-670 has ruined my life.  I don't have time for golf, running, pickleball, eating, sleeping, wife.....There is so much to learn, to experience, to create, to orchestrate, to organize, to harmonize..... I can't begin to do it all...My therapist has suggested I quit this obsession.....I"m getting a new therapist!

This has brought a smile to my face

Edit: Content of quote changed from CAPITALS to normal spelling by overover
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 03:40:21 AM by overover »
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.

MacBook Pro 32 Gigs Ram, 1 Terrabyte SSD

www.midisafe.com
www.yamahastylesonly.com