Author Topic: what are voices with ext;vce, ext.org?  (Read 1201 times)

what are voices with ext;vce, ext.org?
« on: January 05, 2024, 10:09:58 AM »
I am cleaning up my drives and found tons of files with something.vce and something.org and some others. I understand that are yamaha extentions but what can i do with it? They seems al to be about 1k Al info is welcome. And can i use them in the genos?
own: wersi abacus duo pro deluxe
        Genos 2

owned: Tyros 1, psr 9000, yamaha hs8 with cvs10 and mdr3, hamond aurora Classic, yamaha c55n, omegan 1200

Offline Bill

Re: what are voices with ext;vce, ext.org?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 10:30:08 AM »
Hi Wersiplayer

The files you mention are small files that contain modification instructions/data when an original voice has been modified.  You can modify any voice on your keyboard yourself and when happy with the result you save the changes you have made. The file extension depends on the type of original voice that has been modified. Ie ORG is an organ voice and VCE is a standard voice.
You ask about using these files on the Genos, yes most can be used, but it depends on one factor — is the original voice still on your keyboard. 

Regards
Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2024, 10:45:46 AM »
Hi Wersiplayer

The files you mention are small files that contain modification instructions/data when an original voice has been modified.  You can modify any voice on your keyboard yourself and when happy with the result you save the changes you have made. The file extension depends on the type of original voice that has been modified. Ie ORG is an organ voice and VCE is a standard voice.
You ask about using these files on the Genos, yes most can be used, but it depends on one factor — is the original voice still on your keyboard. 

Regards
Bill

Thanks Bill, I had some idea Of it and most are from the T1, T2 and T3 era so . . . . . Can i import then in the yamy tool or need they to be imported direct in the genos?
        Genos 2

owned: Tyros 1, psr 9000, yamaha hs8 with cvs10 and mdr3, hamond aurora Classic, yamaha c55n, omegan 1200

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2024, 10:59:22 AM »
wersiplayer. There are many VCE's here on PSRTutorial for you to try.
Main page select STYLES then OTHER FILES...Bottom LEFT is a list VOICES. VCE files.
You can try them direct from a USB Stick....I use them a lot.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 11:01:40 AM by Graham UK »
DGX670

The following users thanked this post: flailman

Offline Bill

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2024, 11:17:42 AM »
[
Thanks Bill, I had some idea Of it and most are from the T1, T2 and T3 era so . . . . . Can i import then in the yamy tool or need they to be imported direct in the genos?
[/quote]

Hi wersiplayer

Simply leave them on the USB Stick and select them in the usual way, just as though you were selecting a standard voice.  They do not need to be imported.

Bill
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 11:20:20 AM by Bill »
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline pjd

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2024, 05:31:49 PM »
Jørgen has a list of Yamaha file extensions and meanings on this page:

http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/articles/software_12.htm

Genos1 and 2 are top-of-the-line and are, effectively, supersets of the mid- and entry-level arranger keyboards. Thus, you should be able to use the voice files (VCE, etc.) with Genos.

However, you may not attain the best results possible. Some of those VCE files may not exploit all of the factory preset voices and DSP effects in Genos (1 or 2). You could use the VCE files as starting points and then tweak them up by changing or replacing things on the keyboard itself.

Hope this helps -- pj

Offline flailman

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2024, 05:52:27 PM »
Graham UK, thanks for pointing to the voices.  Wow! so many to try.  Looking for better sax and trumpet than the presets on our DGX-670.  Know it is a matter of taste, but any you recommend to try first?  There is a soft sax on my E373 that I like a lot better than what is on the DGX  for example.  Hated the trumpet on 373 and like the cornet and flugelhorn better on the DGX, but still not there for me.
DGX 670, PSR-E373 and PSS-480

Online EileenL

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2024, 05:54:35 PM »
Make sure you select Voice before looking for these files on your USB.

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2024, 12:28:14 PM »
Make sure you select Voice before looking for these files on your USB.

Hi,

I copied the voices to usb stick, select voice, then user and go to the usb stick, down the maps but i see no voices to select, in none of the maps they are placed. What do i do wrong?
        Genos 2

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2024, 03:42:37 PM »
Found the problem. There where also reg on the stick lol.
Now, can you save them on the genos?
        Genos 2

Online EileenL

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2024, 04:22:45 PM »
Yes Just select the ones you want to copy and then copy to the User section.