Author Topic: Saving styles on a hard drive  (Read 2223 times)

Offline Gemor

Saving styles on a hard drive
« on: January 04, 2024, 06:32:55 PM »
I have been trying to get the styles from the usb (floppy size) on my 9000 to the hard drive. I've tried understanding the manual but it confuses me more. Any help greatly appreciated.  George

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Saving styles on a hard drive
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2024, 06:45:26 PM »
I have been trying to get the styles from the usb (floppy size) on my 9000 to the hard drive. I've tried understanding the manual but it confuses me more. Any help greatly appreciated.  George

I don't have a 9000, but the general method is:
-- Select a style
-- Navigate to the styles you want to copy (eg the folder they're in on the USB)
-- File>Copy
-- Select the files you want (or use the Select All option if you have it)
-- Copy
-- Navigate to where you want to store the files (eg, a folder on HD1)
-- Copy Here

Hope this helps,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Gemor

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2024, 05:32:09 AM »
Thanks for your response Fred. I went back to class and read up on files. Although it was for a more modern keyboard I actually could grasp it  :-[ I was able to put the files on the hard drive, thankyou Joe W.

Offline danand

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2024, 09:06:22 AM »
I don't remember if there is a way to copy directly from USB (Floppy) to HD.
Try this, Press the [DISK/SCSI] button and then select "COPY FILE/FD"
Maybe it works.

If not, a way is to copy the styles in question to Flash Memoiy and thern:
Select "STYLE MANAGER" (with two right down corner buttons) and you will see an intuitive "STYLE MANAGER" screen where you have to select "SAVE STYLE FROM FLASH ROM"

Offline Gemor

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2024, 02:20:02 PM »
Sorry for the late response danand . I thought I had the problem solved but of course I didn't, that would be too easy for me. I did have the styles from the usb on my hard drive, but naturally for me I could not open them for use. They play using the disk direct on the keyboard with usb in the drive but not from the same usb loaded in the hard drive. I don't want to buy a ton of usb sticks !  George

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2024, 02:30:14 PM »
Sorry for the late response danand . I thought I had the problem solved but of course I didn't, that would be too easy for me. I did have the styles from the usb on my hard drive, but naturally for me I could not open them for use. They play using the disk direct on the keyboard with usb in the drive but not from the same usb loaded in the hard drive. I don't want to buy a ton of usb sticks !  George

When you say "I could not open them for use", tell us the process you use to try to open them.

When you say "they play", what is "they"? Registrations?

Regardless, you would never have to buy a ton of usb sticks. Style files are so small that thousands of them fit on even the smallest usb stick.

Cheers,
Fred

Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Gemor

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2024, 04:23:39 PM »
The way I used to do it was to plug my USB floppy disk drive into my computer and copy the styles from it onto A USB pen drive that I had created a folder on called 9000 styles. I copied each disk I had this way. Then just removed The USB and plugged into my keyboard. Pressed style on keyboard and then tabbed to USB and opened the folder and selected the style and it loaded and played fine.

The following users thanked this post: Gemor

Offline Gemor

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2024, 05:25:12 PM »
Thankyou Fred and Eileen for your response. These are style files which I can use with disk direct which is o.k. but I'd like to save them on the hard drive. This is a dated machine Yamaha psr-9000 abt.23 years old. It will only accept usb of less than 1.44 mb's. So I would need an awful lot of small usb sticks to save everything. As I mentioned they play using the usb but for some reason not from the hard drive where I had put them. I am going to start from scratch maybe I muffed something up which wouldn't be unusual lol.  George

Offline danand

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2024, 09:05:51 AM »
Try to change the "Direct Access Directory". It looks that now the "Direct Access Directory" is the USB (aka FD) try to change this to the HD where you have your styles.

In any case as long as I remember, loading styles even from HD using "direct access" on PSR-9000 wasn't instantly, you have to wait a few seconds in order for the style to load to flash memory and then use it.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2024, 12:02:45 AM »
Did you put the styles into a folder on your hard drive. Are you pressing style before selecting them.

Offline Gemor

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2024, 05:09:17 PM »
danand and Eileen sorry for the belated response. I needed to get away from the keyboard for a while. Today I gave it another try and this time was successful in getting the styles on the hard drive and able to use them. Most times I bring the aggravation on myself, lol. Thankyou for your interest, George