Author Topic: Yamahas failed products  (Read 1045 times)

Offline erim kaska

Yamahas failed products
« on: January 04, 2024, 06:21:03 PM »
Hey guys I just want to give my thoughts on some of yamaha's failed arrange
 keyboard now I'm not trying to be rude here or anything but I just want someone to explain why did Yamaha make this decision to come out with these arrange your keyboards so let's start Yamaha PSR 2100 and Yamaha PSR 1100 came out in 2003 why did this keyboard come out when one year later you had the PSR 3000 and the PSR 1500 to me the Yamaha PSR 2100 and 1,100 is a failed product since there's no difference between the 2000 and the 1,000 okay maybe there's USB and a couple of more styles and voices but the big keyboard was coming out in 2004 if I were Yamaha I would not release that keyboard and stick with the 3000 and the 1,500 the next failed product of course has to do with the PSR s series now let me make it clear in 2007 you had the s700 and you had the s900 why didn't one year later Yamaha come out with the 710 and s910 shame on Yamaha shame on Yamaha here is what really gets me upset why did Yamaha come out with the PSR s775 and s975 when one year later you had the SX series which is the SX 900 and the sx700 shame on your mom if someone can clarify this this would be great also who needs direct internet connection a failed product if I want to use the internet to download songs I'll just use my computer so let me see your thoughts on this and what do you think about this
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 06:22:45 PM by erim kaska »

Offline BogdanH

Re: Yamahas failed products
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2024, 06:38:58 PM »
...I just want someone to explain why did Yamaha make this decision to come out with these arrange your keyboards...
-it's Yamaha's marketing decision and we simply need to accept it.
We go to store and buy TV... after a week that store has -20% on that TV... happens  >:( ;D

I was among those who bought S775 when it came out and a year later switched to SX700. Yes, I felt being cheated, but nobody twisted my arm at my decisions.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline ton37

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2024, 06:42:26 PM »
@erim kaska, I've given up trying to read the text.  Try using 'modify' to apply capital letters and punctuation and make your text more readable.  Bad way of communicating, but you can change that, if you want?
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2024, 07:02:19 PM »
Agree with ton37: it's *very* difficult to read a wall of unpunctuated text.

But from what I was able to read:

those aren't failed products per se; and yes they've done this several times: PSR2000 and 2100 were nearly the same sound library, but the psr2100 was a stop-gap measure to draw attention away from other brands during that year and a half before the PSR3000 was ready.

Likewise the CVP209/210 (same sound library except a vastly improved piano, and again, a USB B port, like the PSR2100 above)

and yes, the PSr775/s975 were identical to the s770/s970 that preceeded them except more expansion ram, and more preloaded content (and a half bar fill function added), both released about 18 months before the sx900/sx700 so that the gap between the new PSR releases didn't seem to large. And also, Korg was releasing the PA1000/PA700 during that same year.

Mark

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2024, 07:34:32 PM »
I got my PSR-2100 in 2003, and felt a little cheated when  the 3000 came out some months later, sporting USB for import and export of styles, while the 2100 used floppy disks. But as Bogdan says, no one twisted my arm. New models come all the time.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2024, 07:59:05 PM »
Hi Erim

I'm completely confused by your post, because you either buy Yamaha products,
or you don't. You have the choice on how you spend your money, or not!

So...... What exactly are you actually complaining about?

So you bought one, and now the newer one has more features?
Well boo hoo... That's how marketing and sales works. Cars, trucks, keyboards, baby buggies, computers, cameras, mobile phones....... all of it.

Are you maybe just having a good moan about Yamaha?

Wrong place my friend.

Keith

« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 08:57:13 PM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline Joe H

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2024, 09:33:43 PM »
... and yes, the PSr775/s975 were identical to the s770/s970 that preceeded them except more expansion ram, and more preloaded content (and a half bar fill function added)...
Mark

I believe there was one other major improvement, the Live Control settings could be saved in a registration.  That's a major big deal to me.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline mikf

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2024, 10:45:42 PM »
……..I just want someone to explain why did Yamaha make this decision to come out with these arrange…..
Why do you imagine anyone here can tell why or how Yamaha make their corporate decisions. We are just consumers, same as you. Yamaha does not make these decisions to suit you ..or me.. they make them to suit their corporate strategy. They don’t share that with us!!
I echo what others have said, your post is nonsense, how do you know whether the product succeeded or failed, do you have sales numbers, financials……because that’s what defines failure or success. Not whether you like it or not. Yamaha decide what to sell, you decide what to buy. It’s simple.
And I understand you may have language issues, and be using a translator, but please WRITE IN UNDERSTANDABLE SENTENCES.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: Ray