Author Topic: Recording  (Read 1594 times)

Offline sugarplumsss

Recording
« on: January 03, 2024, 01:47:31 AM »
Can you estimate the amount of space (capacity) in T4 , designated for recorded material?
I want to record, but also want to see the music recorded in score mode.
I am speaking about just a piano part  no other parts.

What are the options for the score mode   ? I doubt I can view eg SATB . So what are the viewing options ( if any )when I just play piano in record mode on T4 ?

This question is in the context of - maybe I should just use a laptop with Sibelius or Logic Pro. To increase the options of my view of the piano part
1. All music on grand staff
2 optional number of staves
My hunch is a dedicated app for notation is more comprehensive. However that’s a lot more money

That is why I am asking about the score options in T4
And Also the memory capacity of T4 for this recording purpose

Thanks all and hopefully this year will have good for all
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Online Amwilburn

Re: Recording
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2024, 07:04:47 PM »
There's a 320gb on board platter hard drive. That's roughly 500 hours of .wav recordings. But of course, no score with .wav files.

But if you're just sequencing the piano midi?? Approx 50,000-100,000 hours. Or approx 6 years worth (it would take you 6 years to listen to all your midi recordings *once* if you filled up that 320gb)

Mark

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2024, 08:48:31 PM »
When you record a midi in piano mode, the keyboard will assign the notes to the bass clef or treble clef. It decides what split point it will use, which won’t always be what you prefer, but that’s life.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2024, 04:11:18 PM »
I’m going to try a different avenue. A Mac with interface and Logic Pro or Sibelius ( I’m not sure the score mode of Logic
Will be useful )

Though the t4 is almost 15 years old - am I correct that there is a way to record the t4 “into” Logic Pro without annoying latency?

Which cables - adapters will I need ?
Thank you
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline dE.niz

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2024, 02:02:39 PM »
There will always be latency. Every recording you make will have latency.
If you use a Mac computer, you are already on the right track because these computers are generally used most for recording.
Choose a fast AD interface and you are good.
I have been using a Mac computer for years, with the advantage that you are not constantly reminded to update this or that driver, as with Windows.

Just because there happens to be a scoring mode in Logic doesn't mean you should use it. Logic has been one of the better DAWs in the computer world for years.
I use Logic and Reason on my Mac for all recordings.
Use a DAW written for Mac.
Not a port of a Windows DAW.

A good AD converter has one or more USB ports.
Connect the USB cable to the USB port of the T4.
When recording in the T4, turn off all effects and use the Logic effects to reduce latency a bit.

dE.niz
Reason 12 - Logic pro - midi keyboard controller Pcr 800 - Tyros 4 Black - Strat - Uke's .