Author Topic: "data has not been loaded properly" on Converted Genos files  (Read 1679 times)

"data has not been loaded properly" on Converted Genos files
« on: January 03, 2024, 12:13:56 AM »
So today I am getting the "data has not been loaded properly" message moving styles from USB to Genos.  These are styles converted from Genos 2 to Genos and posted so helpfully by pjd and Angelo.  (Thanks again to both.)  I have tried two different thumb drives, both formatted on Genos.  Each time only about half the files on the usb are visible on the Genos and only half of those actually work, the remainder generate the above error message.  The user drive appears fine, the problem is the files on the usb not being recognized by Genos.  Any suggestions?   BTW I have previously used one of the thumb drives successfully for YEM loads and backups.
Genos 1     PA5X    Kawai MP7 88

Offline overover

Re: "data has not been loaded properly" on Converted Genos files
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2024, 05:10:45 PM »
Hi cyber swine,

It could be that the files were not downloaded properly or were not unzipped correctly. I recommend downloading the files again using the relevant links and unzipping them on your computer. Then copy the files/folders to the USB stick again. If you have problems with unzipping, I recommend using the "7-zip" program:
>>> https://www.7-zip.org/

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Peppexpo, cyber swine

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2024, 08:33:02 PM »
Thank you Chris, you were not wrong.  I actually use three different Apple devices.  I have completed extensive testing over two days with different computers, a new faster thumb drive and utilizing USB Storage Mode.  My workaround on compressed files is to use "The Unarchiver" a free program from the Apple Store to unzip which limits or reduces the corruption.  I can then see all the files on Genos and delete multiple duplicates to finally get it done.  BUT uncompressed folders are giving me most of the same issues and I do not understand why the files appear fine when viewed on a computer but are scrambled when seen on the Genos.  I would appreciate any feedback from users on that issue just for my own knowledge.

Offline Bill

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2024, 09:07:04 PM »
Hi Cyber

There maybe a terminology difference in my understanding of your request, however, are you sure it is just Apples indexing files (those beginning with ._)  These index files show on the Genos but not on the computer.  If this is the case you should try a small computer program Blue Harvest, this will remove all the offending index files.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,65447.msg496345.html#msg496345

Bill
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 09:09:37 PM by Bill »
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

The following users thanked this post: cyber swine

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2024, 12:02:12 AM »
Thank you Bill!  That is the answer that I spent hour upon hour looking for (obviously without success).  No idea why I never came across it before but now I know ;D.   Got to give it a break for a day or two then I'll get that program for sure.
This forum is the best......

Offline Bill

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2024, 09:10:57 AM »
Hi Cyber

Thanks for letting us all know.

Bill
England

Offline Losackmd

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2024, 12:32:19 AM »
thank you all for helping us newcomers to the GENOS 1
i have tried to download every ZIP style file . Downloaded it to a USB stick and the GENOS cannot play these styles.  'DATA NOT PROPERLY LOADED' is all i get. What am i doing wrong?  I have MAC OS SUNOMA 14.3.1   a brand new USB formatted. It would be a shame if i cannot use the many styles that came from hard work im sure.   thank you very much   
GLENN LOSACK

Online Divemaster

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2024, 02:20:40 PM »
It might just be me, but I have always stuck with Windows computers and the Android operating systems to work files with Yamaha keyboards.  So here's the best advice you'll get today!

You can pick up a cheap Windows 10 computer 2nd hand for very little cost or even free. Ask around.
The one I use for all my Yamaha stuff is a fairly ancient Dell Latitude E6230 Laptop,  i7 processor and 16Gb ram. It does it all, and it's very fast.

You DO NOT need an expensive pc to run windows or work with Yamaha files.

Apple just seem to delight in making everything as awkward and over complicated to use as humanly possible. They have been doing it for years... Keep life simple.....Apples are for eating! 🍎

Keith
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 03:47:24 PM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline Bill

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2024, 05:40:57 PM »
thank you all for helping us newcomers to the GENOS 1
i have tried to download every ZIP style file . Downloaded it to a USB stick and the GENOS cannot play these styles.  'DATA NOT PROPERLY LOADED' is all i get. What am i doing wrong?  I have MAC OS SUNOMA 14.3.1   a brand new USB formatted. It would be a shame if i cannot use the many styles that came from hard work im sure.   thank you very much   
GLENN LOSACK

Hi Glenn

I presume you have unzipped the folder/file correctly.
On the styles screen what is the wording of the styles that say “ DATA NOT PROPERLY LOADED” if the style names begin with a ._ the see my post 3 posts above yours.
You can either do what I suggest or simply scroll down the list until you get past the index files.

Bill
England

Offline Losackmd

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2024, 09:44:25 PM »
Bill

You are the man!!!🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Blue Harvest did the trick....
i thank you with all my heart.

God Bless

Glenn Losack
https://linktr.ee/GlennLosack

Offline Bill

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2024, 09:49:04 PM »
Glad I could help. 
Bill
England

Offline Losackmd

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2024, 04:31:56 PM »
Bill,

hate to bother you just one more time. I do apologize.

As I work on downloading  styles for my GENOS using Blue Harvest, the download includes the ._  ( prefix ) styles and then after these files are loaded I do get the  workable style files without the ._ prefix.

Is there anyway in working this procedure I can avoid getting these ._ ( unworkable) files.  It is a huge time waster deleting them just to have the workable files? Am I doing this right,i.e. is there a part of Blue Harvest I need to attend to?  Should I be getting both copies of the styles and need to delete the unworkable files?  would appreciate a response  at your convenience.  thank you again    Glenn Losack

Offline overover

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2024, 05:20:08 PM »
Hi Glenn,

Maybe the attached screenshot will help...

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Losackmd

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2024, 05:55:34 PM »
hi overover,

thanks for helping out
I don't have your interface in my BlueHarvest 30 day trial
I have this one
is this the proper one I have checked

uncheck DONT CLEAN, Ask what to do
and check CLEAN METADATA
??

again I am very appreciative   GL

Offline Bill

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2024, 07:52:45 PM »
Hi Losackmd

I have mine setup to automatically start at login.
Also the USB Sticks are Non Mac Discs
I also use the little sqare icon at the top of the screen and select clean and eject.

Bill

England