Author Topic: editing and saving styles  (Read 840 times)

Offline robinrosshhi

editing and saving styles
« on: January 01, 2024, 03:25:30 PM »
Looking for a direction. We use a Yamaha PSR S775 for our live duo cover song shows. My husband has heavily edited styles for each song we do and they are of course saved onto a thumb drive. He's spent untold hours and weeks on developing these styles, and they are always being "tweaked". We are now going to add a drummer and a four part brass section for a bigger show that we will play occasionally. Is there a way to have all of his styles on one thumb drive for our duo show, and then have a second thumb drive with the SAME styles loaded that he can then delete /edit the drums/percussion so that the new player can simply play along (like to a click track), and remove/edit the brass parts and then save that entire show onto a second thumb drive? I tried putting his thumb drive into my Mac desktop so that I could basically try to copy the styles he needs for the 40 songs out of the myriad on the thumb drive for the bigger group, but it doesn't appear that I can do that. He is not a computer user whatsoever, and said that once he loads in a thumb drive, then edits some styles, he can't change out thumb drives and save it the edited style onto a new thumb drive - he says everything "goes away". I am not a keyboard player and trying to help figure this out. If this is possible, could someone point me in the right direction for step by step instructions so that I can read them to him and he can execute? thanks in advance.
Robin R

Offline Fred Smith

Re: editing and saving styles
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2024, 03:29:27 PM »
The only thing the keyboard cares about is the name of the style (including all extensions).

As long as the name is the same on the 2nd thumb drive, it will substitute.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline adrianed

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2024, 07:02:07 PM »
I hope I am correct with this but if you put them in folders like to tidy up, the keyboard doesn’t seem to be able to find them, so at this point be aware of this possibility
Adrian

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2024, 08:00:04 PM »
I hope I am correct with this but if you put them in folders like to tidy up, the keyboard doesn’t seem to be able to find them, so at this point be aware of this possibility
Adrian

There’s no problem putting styles in folders. The keyboard will happily find them. Just don’t exceed 50 characters for the full name.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: adrianed, hans1966