Author Topic: Convert Styles SFFI to SFF2  (Read 1810 times)

Offline adrianed

Convert Styles SFFI to SFF2
« on: December 30, 2023, 08:49:17 PM »
Hi Folks,
Is it best practice to convert SFF1 styles to SFF2 before using them on Tyros 5
If so is there a converter available
Adrian

Edit: Topic title edited by Roger Brenizer
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 09:49:13 PM by Roger Brenizer »

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Covert styles SFFI to SFF2
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2023, 09:00:48 PM »
Hi Folks,
Is it best practice to convert SFF1 styles to SFF2 before using them on Tyros 5
If so is there a converter available
Adrian

Why bother converting? Just use them as is -- the Tyros will load them without problem.

But to answer your question, I've never heard of a sff1 to sff2 converter.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline adrianed

Re: Convert Styles SFFI to SFF2
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2023, 11:12:39 PM »
Thanks Fred,
I did search for a converter and couldn’t find one so you confirm it for me that a converter is not needed.
Thankyou for the help
I purchased some registrations but they don’t have any voices for the regbank so I just thought of them as styles because they work just like styles.
They don’t sound very good, extra low volume and just not right , perhaps I should be running them through a registration converter to see if that improves them, it says they are for T5 but something is not right
I bought them from Etsy it said 5000 so after sorting I finished with about 1400 in alphabetical order
Thanks again
Adrian

« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 11:18:01 PM by adrianed »

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2023, 11:19:07 PM »
Hello Adrian. If you edit the SFF1 style on your Tyros, for instance change the OTS, it automatically becomes an SFF2 style ehen you save it. That is fine, unless you want to later use it on an older keyboard that uses SFF1 styles, then you can't do that. So, in a way, you have a converter in the keyboard. Edit the style, save it, and it becomes SFF2! It will sound the same, apart from the editing you did, no magic there :)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 11:20:38 PM by Toril S »
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2023, 12:45:35 AM »
Unfortunately when you buy styles like this that have that number then they are usually rubbish and have been collected from all over the place free and then sold on.

Offline adrianed

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2023, 02:04:22 AM »
Thanks TorilS,
A very good tip,Thankyou
Adrian
Happy New Year TorilS and my best Wishes
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 02:20:59 AM by adrianed »

Offline adrianed

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2023, 02:19:32 AM »
Eileen,
As I said I listed 1400 out of 5000 They only cost me $ five Dollars ie 3 Pounds
It's still worth it sometimes to get a big variety and pick out the best.
The blanket words of rubbish are not strictly correct, I have often seen your styles on the lists I have purchased, and I have never regarded them as rubbish.
I have often bought bundles from Joe on this Website many of them are not fully working, I would hope Joe is not just sending me rubbish, well I know he isn't, but many are castoffs if you like, where players have sent in styles, these are the ones on the internet that others gather to sell on and many of them are from yourself
I can't see you sending rubbish to this Psr website or any other, I am sure you wouldn't want your name associated with inferior styles or anything, please correct me if I am wrong.
Adrian
Happy New Year and my very Best Wishes
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 05:06:10 AM by adrianed »

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2023, 10:37:23 AM »
hi adrianed,
The question is, what each of us classifies as good, decent, average, usable, bad, rubbish, etc.
Speaking for me, if I would see five styles for $5, then I would expect they're decent. But if there are 1000 styles for $5, then that would make me suspicious.
For example: I can easily make a collection of 1000 styles simply by downloading them from this forum and charge you $5. Some of them you would kinda like, some of them you would need to modify to be able to use them and majority you would never use because they're... not good (to put it mildly). How would you call such collection? -and I think that's what Eileen had in mind.
At the end, the only thing that matters is if you're happy with what you got.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2023, 12:24:04 PM »
Hello Adrian,
  I had no idea my styles were being sold. I would never charge anyone for styles I tweak and usually add OTS to. I have given lots to my forum members over the years and all free and as you know I would never post a style unless it worked properly.

The following users thanked this post: adrianed

Offline adrianed

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2024, 07:42:03 AM »
BogdanH
For me it's just turning over the soil to see what I might find, and it doesn't cost very much A bit like Prospecting.
Happy New Year,
Adrian

Offline pjd

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2024, 05:56:53 PM »
For me it's just turning over the soil to see what I might find, and it doesn't cost very much A bit like Prospecting.

There are so many ways to enjoy this hobby/avocation!

Cheers, Adrian -- pj

The following users thanked this post: adrianed

Offline adrianed

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2024, 06:21:20 PM »
Yes pjd and we all do it in different ways, that is what keeps it interesting for me, we should keep an open mind.
Best regards,
Adrian
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 06:24:59 PM by adrianed »