Author Topic: Key noise  (Read 926 times)

Offline Helbi

Key noise
« on: December 30, 2023, 06:51:33 PM »
I'm actually happy with my CVP-905. But one thing bothers me: Compared to my previous DGX-670, the key noise when playing is much louder. I play with headphones most of the time, but my roommates complain every time I play. Question: Is this actually normal? And how do you feel about the key noises on your CVP?
Helbi

Offline Helbi

Re: Key noise
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 04:18:18 PM »
Maybe I didn't express myself correctly. I find the mechanical key sounds on my CVP-905 to be very loud, louder than anything I've played before (including acoustic pianos). How is your experience?

Online Graham UK

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2024, 04:23:26 PM »
Interesting because the CVPs have a high quality Key-Bed.
If possible try another one if you have a local store.

I also agree that the DGX670 is fine noise wise and to me is acceptable.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 04:24:29 PM by Graham UK »
DGX670

The following users thanked this post: Helbi

Offline Helbi

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2024, 05:06:18 PM »
Yes, I already regretted that I traded in my DGX-670 so carelessly. The price-performance ratio of the DGX is truly unbeatable. The only thing that bothered me was the smaller screen. I even dare to say that the DGX keyboard feels better to me than the CVP keyboard - but of course everyone feels differently.
Unfortunately, there is no authorized Yamaha dealer in my hometown (Dresden, Germany).

Offline pjd

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2024, 05:40:38 PM »
Hello Helbi --

Since you have the receipt (!), the CVP-905 is not exactly an inexpensive keyboard.  :( It has the Yamaha GrandTouch action which Yamaha is heavily promoting.

I played a linear-graded GrandTouch (CLP-785) and did not find the mechanical key noise to be offensive. Given the selling price, the store selling you the CVP-905 should make it right, or at least listen to the issue. If the piano is under warranty, then it would be worth calling regional Yamaha support.

I'm playing a CSP-170 which cost far less and wouldn't hesitate to call the seller or Yamaha concerning a key issue.

Hang in there -- pj