Author Topic: three pedals  (Read 605 times)

Offline flailman

three pedals
« on: December 27, 2023, 03:13:04 PM »
Wondering how many of the DGX crowd have the three pedals and if so, how much you use anything other than the sustain?
DGX 670, PSR-E373 and PSS-480

Offline rphillipchuk

Re: three pedals
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2023, 03:17:07 PM »
I use the Pedals for "Fills Up"

RonP
Yamaha DGX-670 connected to a Yamaha MW12 Mixer connected to a pair of Yamaha MSP10's + Yamaha SW10 Subwoofer using Songbook+.

MacBook Pro 32 Gigs Ram, 1 Terrabyte SSD

www.midisafe.com
www.yamahastylesonly.com

The following users thanked this post: flailman

Offline mikf

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2023, 03:41:25 PM »
The CVP also has three built in pedals. I use the center for tempo tap in, the left for accompaniment start/stop and the right for sustain. I use sustain a lot as I play full keyboard piano a lot. Tempo tap in is much more useful than it might seem because that’s how we typically set tempo, tapping your right foot, so it’s a very natural thing to do. I use it all the time, select a style, tap in the tempo I am thinking of for the song and the style starts correctly. The style start stop is used less but still useful, although it’s more difficult to use the left foot. I also have a 4th pedal plugged in (which you can do on a CVP). This is an expression pedal which I occasionally use for either rh volume or rh pitch bend on guitar or sax. This is my least used pedal.
Of course it’s easy to change pedal functions when you need to, like when using a pedal for drop in/drop out recording, but these 4 are my default set up.
Mike
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 10:02:59 PM by mikf »

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2023, 05:49:35 PM »

I use three pedals on the Genos. The left pedal is the volume pedal for the 2nd and 3rd voice, for example, accordions or saxophones on the auxiliary keyboard (Roli). The middle pedal - sostenuto. Sometimes it is useful to lock the last note for a while, while the fingers are already free, to play other notes without the pedal.
And the third, as usual, the sustain pedal. Could also be piano style, half damper, but I don't know how to adapt this feature for my Genos.
Genos,  Roli Rise2

Offline Cantor

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2024, 03:41:17 AM »
Hello dear fellow DGX-670 users.   :D

I don't have the triple pedal unit, but since the DGX-670 tripe pedal connector is  a PS/2 port.

( a 6-pin mini-DIN connector which was used for connecting keyboards and mice to a PC compatible computer system back in the days before the USB )

I rigged up simple ON/OFF switch pedal  to a PS/2 connector that I use as my Left  pedal for advancing my performance memories in chain. I could've rigged up a third pedal (Middle) to the same PS/2 connector, but I have no need for it since I could make a mistake and step on the wrong pedal in the middle of a song. The simpler the better.

I only use two pedals, one for the sustain and the other for what I mentioned above.
 ;) :)