Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > The Next Yamaha Keyboard

Assign buttons below left hand part of the keyboard (idea)

(1/2) > >>

soundphase:
I’m currently trying to play logical song on Genos2. And I want to play the electric piano with my left hand more lively. It’s difficult to press the style variation button with the left hand. And there is a small sound hiccup with a registration switch (no SSS unfortunately)
I would like the button to be under the keyboard as registrations on my old electone EL-70

BogdanH:
Yes, when playing with the left hand more actively then it can be hard to press buttons on panel just at the right time. But there's a simple solution: foot pedal(s).
Ergonomically I see no benefit of moving variations/registrations buttons under (in front of) the keybed. The thing is, when we play, our hand are horizontally positioned for pushing buttons downward, which makes targeting particular button easier (than moving hand under keys and pushing button forward).

Bogdan

overover:
Hi soundphase,

What many users do to completely free their hands for playing is use the Registration Sequence feature. This allows you to step through the registrations (one after the other or in a freely programmable order) with just one footswitch. Of course, you have to create several registrations for the song in question beforehand (which can then also be used to call up the Intro, Main variations, Fills, Break and/or Ending).

Best regards,
Chris

soundphase:

--- Quote from: overover on December 26, 2023, 09:31:53 AM ---Hi soundphase,

What many users do to completely free their hands for playing is use the Registration Sequence feature. This allows you to step through the registrations (one after the other or in a freely programmable order) with just one footswitch. Of course, you have to create several registrations for the song in question beforehand (which can then also be used to call up the Intro, Main variations, Fills, Break and/or Ending).

Best regards,
Chris

--- End quote ---
Thank you for both answers.

I already have foot pedals and registration sequence (and even MFC10 I don't use). One pedal for registration up, and one pedal for an effect (generally sustain).
But for Logical Song, there are a lot of articulations (growls) and breaks, I would like to add.
It's not easy to find the good pedal with feet when there are a lot of pedals. (and I didn't fix them yet)

I think 3 or 4 assign buttons under the keyboard would be far more easily accessible with the left thumb.

soundphase:

--- Quote from: BogdanH on December 26, 2023, 08:58:39 AM ---Yes, when playing with the left hand more actively then it can be hard to press buttons on panel just at the right time. But there's a simple solution: foot pedal(s).
Ergonomically I see no benefit of moving variations/registrations buttons under (in front of) the keybed. The thing is, when we play, our hand are horizontally positioned for pushing buttons downward, which makes targeting particular button easier (than moving hand under keys and pushing button forward).

Bogdan

--- End quote ---

the buttons under the keyboard would not be horizontal, they would be vertical (like the phones input at the left). Look at a Yamaha electone EL-70 picture for example, and you will see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version