Author Topic: MIDI settings help  (Read 876 times)

Offline sunny

MIDI settings help
« on: December 25, 2023, 04:33:46 PM »
Friends,

I am using one MIDI  Organ module connected to Genos keyboard. I need to send only Note on/off messages, I dont want to send other control Changes such as Expression and other MIDI messages.
       Please let me know how to make settings in Genos to send only note on/off MIDI messages only.

Thanks,
Sunny

Offline overover

Re: MIDI settings help
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2023, 05:39:30 PM »
Hi Sunny,

Please go to the Transmit tab in the Genos MIDI Settings and make sure that the Part used to control the Organ module is displayed, e.g. in the "All Parts" template "Right 1 Port1 Ch1", i.e. page 1/5, if that Organ module is connected to MIDI A OUT terminal.

Now touch the white right arrow ( ▶ ) to display the additional settings page. There, remove all ticks except "Note" in the line of the part used. ("CC" = Control Change, "PC" = Program Change, "PB" = Pitch Bend, "AT" = After Touch). See also the attached screenshot.

Then touch the "Save" icon to save the changed MIDI template in the user drive. Please choose a meaningful file name. Then make sure that this changed MIDI template is actually activated (that is, that the new name is now displayed at the top).

Press "Exit" button or touch the "X" icon to close the MIDI display. This ensures that the current MIDI template is loaded with every restart.

By the way, if the Organ module has a programmable MIDI input filter, you could alternatively set it so that only incoming Note commands are allowed through, i.e. the rest are filtered out. Then you wouldn't need to change anything on the Genos.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 25, 2023, 05:45:15 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline sunny

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2023, 10:53:24 AM »
Hi Chris, Thank you very much for your help.

Edit: Quote removed by overover. There is no need to quote a previous post in its entirety.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 11:49:04 AM by overover »

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2023, 11:43:27 AM »
My pleasure, sunny! I'm glad to could help you.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline sunny

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2024, 06:15:22 AM »
Hi Chris,

Now everything working fine but I have problem with Mono voice, when i use mono voice feature on the keyboard , it is effecting the organ module as the module also sounding mono(single note) not playing chords (three or more notes) when i play chords on the keyboard.

My requirement is that i wan't mono voice on the keyboard even though i play chords but i wan't chords sound on the external organ module.

Is there any solution to this problem ?

Thanks,
Sunny
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 06:32:10 AM by sunny »