Author Topic: bluetooth transmitter for DGX-670  (Read 664 times)

Offline flailman

bluetooth transmitter for DGX-670
« on: December 25, 2023, 03:38:15 PM »
Any suggestions on a bluetooth transmitter to plug into the headphone jack of my DGX-670?  Got a great wireless headphone and would love to use that in place of my Sony wired cans so no wire getting in my clumsy attempts at the keyboard.
DGX 670, PSR-E373 and PSS-480

Offline KurtAgain

Re: bluetooth transmitter for DGX-670
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2023, 04:46:32 PM »
Bluetooth Audio always introduces latency - a delay between the audio signal being sent from your keyboard and being played back through your headphones. I haven't yet found a solution where the delay was short enough to make it fun to play on the keyboard.

The following users thanked this post: flailman

Offline mikf

Re: bluetooth transmitter for DGX-670
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2023, 01:21:52 AM »
There are wireless headphones with minimal latency, but they are not Bluetooth. And they are generally more expensive. Yamaha does make a set for musical instruments but they cost in the $400-600 range.
Bluetooth is a good wireless system in general because it is relatively low cost for wireless, common across many platforms, easy to hook up many devices, reliable  and easily available. But the downside is that it has high latency, so  it is poor for playing live music. The latency is not noticeable playing for recorded music and broadcasts, but can drive you crazy for live playing where you hit a note and the sound is even a fraction of a second later.
But the wire shouldn’t really cause any playing problems if you position it correctly. Have it come from the headphone behind your shoulder and down your back, and ensure the lead is long enough to hang free and allow you some movement.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: flailman