Author Topic: DGX670 Value for money is high.  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Graham UK

DGX670 Value for money is high.
« on: December 22, 2023, 03:58:53 PM »
Months ago a Yamaha customer support member stated DGX is not sold in large quantities. 
Possibly Yamaha doesn't promote it because the profit returns are lower, but customers value for money is very good.
With this lack of general coverage of the DGX670 model it's not brought to the customers attention.

Even with my health problems I push myself to play everyday because of the DGX high quality voice samples and with a key-bed for me that's a joy to play.
This was my first keyboard with a weighted key-bed but within just a couple of weeks I liked it and it would be very difficult for me to go to SX*** type of keys.
Remembering my previous board was Tyros5-76 which was good, but I get as much pleasure playing the DGX670 at a fraction of price.
DGX670

The following users thanked this post: Keyboard Master, flailman

Offline Lefty

Re: DGX670 Value for money is high.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2023, 04:43:14 PM »

This was my first keyboard with a weighted key-bed but within just a couple of weeks I liked it and it would be very difficult for me to go to SX*** type of keys.

I have an SX900, and have never bonded with the synth key feel. Instead, I almost exclusively play my wife's 25 year old Yamaha P105.  The SX900 was my first keyboard, so I made a few errors in judgement about how I would actually use it.

You're right, the DG670 seems like a real bargain.

Craig
Yamaha PSR-SX900, Studiologic Numa X 73, Lots of guitars and harmonicas

Offline mikf

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2023, 05:43:10 PM »
The only real downside of the DGX would be for those that need a portable keyboard.  The sound quality and functionality is everything that most people need, and the keyboard feel is in a different league to the SX or even Genos. It’s like a slightly cut back CVP.
I really think most people kid themselves when they say they prefer the light weight keys on a synth or typical portable arranger. They jus5 don’t know. Once you get used to the feel of a real piano there is no comparison.
Mike

Offline Lefty

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2023, 06:44:24 PM »
I really think most people kid themselves when they say they prefer the light weight keys on a synth or typical portable arranger. They jus5 don’t know. Once you get used to the feel of a real piano there is no comparison.
Mike

I'm a guitarist learning keyboard, so I'm a noob on keys.  What surprised me was how much better my ability to control the dynamics is on a hammer-action keybed. For some reason, the hammer action makes me feel more connected to the music.  I have no idea why.

Best Regards, and merry Xmas
   Craig

Offline pjd

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2023, 12:54:49 AM »
For some reason, the hammer action makes me feel more connected to the music.  I have no idea why.

True that. I'm getting re-acquainted with the joys of piano thanks to a Clavinova CSP-170. Yep, it's furniture, but I don't need a portable instrument. The CSPs are interesting critters with decent piano, auto-accompaniment through the Smart Pianist app, and an arranger-like internal sound set. The 170 is roughly equivalent to a PSR-SX700 in that regard.

I played a DGX-670 while trying instruments and have a healthy respect for it and its value per buck.

All the best -- pj

Offline Lefty

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2023, 12:03:09 PM »
I played a DGX-670 while trying instruments and have a healthy respect for it and its value per buck.

I played a DGX-670 in the shop where I purchased my SX900.  It's an impressive piano for a third of what I paid for the SX900.  As it turns out, it would have been a better fit for me too.  Oh well....

Happy Xmas,
   Craig

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2023, 03:21:46 PM »
Craig. We have all made the wrong decision at sometime, that's a part of life.
We all have different preferences, my first priority has always been key-bed quality.
With a good key-bed I obtain far more playing enjoyment.
DGX670

Offline Lefty

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2023, 01:17:52 PM »
Craig. We have all made the wrong decision at sometime, that's a part of life.

I agree. It's just part of the process Graham.  I did the same thing with guitars, especially early on.

Happy Xmas everyone!
  Craig

Offline s_cristi

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2024, 08:26:25 AM »
DGX 670 worth for sure any penny , I am still wondering how it can be so "cheap" compared with similar keyboards/portable pianos.
sometimes I found myself in the verge of getting one for home use  :o

Yet, while the DGX is offering an amazing playing experience I am still so much in love with the SX700.
Overall it fits much, much better my arranger needs and also offers a lot of extras features. while being so lousy on the **** FSB keys :-\
Blessed be the Lord God Almighty!
PSR Sx700  8)