Author Topic: Where are all the HipHop styles on the Genos?  (Read 821 times)

Where are all the HipHop styles on the Genos?
« on: December 22, 2023, 03:27:55 PM »
Hi everyone,
So I was going through the list of styles on the Genos on this website. There are a few styles, HipHopClassic, NatureHipHop, etc. that I can neither find on my own Genos nor in the data list for the Genos. They are not in the v2 superior pack, and not in the SX900 style pack. I'm wondering, were these styles perhaps added in a firmware update? Or are they only available on the Genos 2? I know I could download them and play them through user memory, but I'm curious about this.

Offline pjd

Re: Where are all the HipHop styles on the Genos?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2023, 05:42:06 PM »
So, have I got a deal for you...  :D

I converted 28 R&B/soul styles from Genos2 to Genos1:

https://sandsoftwaresound.net/genos2-rb-styles-converted-for-genos1/

The ZIP file includes NatureHipHop, which is kinda mellow.

I converted patterns from the DJX-II to Genos/PSR:

https://sandsoftwaresound.net/free-djx-ii-styles-version-2/

The DJX-II styles are so-called "DJ Styles" with the chord progressions cooked in. That's what Yamaha done and I kept it that way.  :D There's a lot of hippity-hop in there.

It's all free, BTW -- pj

The following users thanked this post: resoldie, Taffinator, wersianer, Amwilburn, The Wizz

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2023, 06:45:08 PM »
Hi everyone,
So I was going through the list of styles on the Genos on this website. There are a few styles, HipHopClassic, NatureHipHop, etc. that I can neither find on my own Genos nor in the data list for the Genos. They are not in the v2 superior pack, and not in the SX900 style pack. I'm wondering, were these styles perhaps added in a firmware update? Or are they only available on the Genos 2? I know I could download them and play them through user memory, but I'm curious about this.

Hi Theodor,

I'm guessing you're talking about the "178 Tyros5 and Tyros4 Styles Not in Genos" list on the >>> Psrtutorial Genos Style site.

These styles are not included in Genos, but are Tyros5 and Tyros4 styles.

You can download the Dance category styles from T5, T4 and T3 via the following links:
>>> Tyros5 Dance Styles
>>> Tyros4 Dance Styles
>>> Tyros3 Dance Styles

I also recommend downloading “Tyros5 Styles for Genos” on the >>> Genos download site. These are T5 styles edited by Yamaha for Genos. The styles "USHipHop", "EuroHipHop" and "ClassicHipHop" are included. Here is the direct download link:
>>> T5Styles_for_Genos

In these four downloads you should be able to find all the HipHop styles you mentioned.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 06:49:36 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Roshure

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2023, 09:44:10 PM »
Ah, my mistake. The styles I'm talking about were all on the SX600, not the Genos for some reason. There doesn't seem to be a page for the SX600 on the styles subpage on this website. Hmm.

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2023, 10:19:15 PM »
Ah, my mistake. The styles I'm talking about were all on the SX600, not the Genos for some reason. There doesn't seem to be a page for the SX600 on the styles subpage on this website. Hmm.

I have the SX600 preset styles stored, and the ClassicHiphop, Modern Hiphop and more is in the Dance&RNB folder. Cannot see NatureHiphop, maybe it's in another category folder.
PM me your email and I'll send the complete SX600 preset styles folder as a zip file. Sadly we can't add such files to posts here.
Cheers 🥂
GJ

The following users thanked this post: TheodorHK04