Author Topic: How to perform shakes on s.art trumpet voices?  (Read 697 times)

How to perform shakes on s.art trumpet voices?
« on: December 22, 2023, 02:14:56 PM »
So, I came across this video,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8UN-abpn0w
where the trumpet plays in the end with both shakes and falls. On the first trumpet voice on the Genos, I can do a fall with one of the super articulation buttons, but I haven't found a way to do this shake, or whatever it's called. There are some voices that offer this, but as far as I know those don't allow falls. Does anyone know how to perform these shakes or whatever they're called?

Offline mikf

Re: How to perform shakes on s.art trumpet voices?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2023, 02:32:48 PM »
Think they are correctly called ‘lip trills’ but people do also call them shakes. I don’t have a Genos, but check your Genos data list, because I think these may be included in the articulations for the trumpet voice.
Mike
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 02:45:17 PM by mikf »

The following users thanked this post: TheodorHK04

Offline Paula

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2023, 03:12:25 PM »
I haven't checked on Genos that I have although to do a trump shake on the T4 you use the modulation wheel.
You Tube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1xEYzY5g_0Nd5G9TkMY6mA/videos
Genos 1,Tyros 4 and Bose S1 Pro, Bose L1 Mod 2 w/tonematch
PSR S970

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2023, 04:13:12 PM »
ThoedorHK04

Certain Trumpets will give you the desired effect you are looking for by hitting the key sharply. Not all trumpet voices do it, just the S. Art ones.

Rick D.

Offline pjd

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2023, 05:54:57 PM »
As Mike mentioned, the S.Art2 Voice Articulation list on page 22 of the Genos Data List PDF should help. This table shows the articulations triggered by the Art 1 to 3 buttons and high strike velocity.

Shakes are triggered by high strike velocity. Select one of the S.Art2 voices and tap the "Demo" screen button. You'll hear the shake come in on loud notes.

The SArt voices with "Shake" in the voice name seem to add the shake articulation after a short delay.

Hope this info helps -- pj