Author Topic: 1 registration: 1 OTS = 1 song vs 1 registration: no OTS, free split and voices  (Read 643 times)

Offline Flipper2

Hi,

Played with my new sx900 and can’t decide right / better approach:

Scenario 1:
OTS with correct style and tempo, auto voice change via style variations and occasional manual voice change during playing
All 4 voices have perfect effects by default… this is what I like with OTS
Save to Registration 1

Scenario 2:
No OTS
Create split between right 1 and 3
Save to registration 2

I would like to have one approach, split is good - no changing voices, but what I don’t like is those 4 OTS buttons , it seems it’s not possible to save voices I want in those buttons if OTS is on, correct?

Trying to avoid 1 Registration BANK = 1 song… I don’t know why, but it would at least give me opportunity to give a song a Name  ;D …. And lot of empty registrations within I don’t need…

« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 01:00:32 PM by Flipper2 »

Offline Fred Smith

My preference is 1 bank = 1 song.

I find using both OTS and registrations confusing. You’re better off with one or the other.

I don’t mind blank registrations. There’s lots of storage room, and registration files are small.

Anything you can do with OTS you can do with a registration, but the reverse is not true.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Lacko

With 1 bank = 1 song you can save into each registration memory another variation (with or without fill-in), another voic(es), even different from those which are in OTS, another multipads, another volume and switch between RMs by pedal (registration sequence).

For simple songs you can use 1 Registration, and OTS.
Registrations also let you save entire keyboard state so when you have lots of changes and complex songs where you would change voices, temo, mixer levels, effects etc, Registration would be the way to do. You can see what your bank holds as well that way you have it for reference (not everything is displayed but the mains of voices + styles shows up over there.
Current: SX900
Past: PSR1100, PSR S700