Author Topic: Registrations.  (Read 680 times)

Offline YammyFan

Registrations.
« on: December 21, 2023, 05:22:22 AM »
On my PSR 970 I have successfully  placed  8 different Styles on my  8 buttons. I have saved them  and named  this set  "0001." I realize that what I am doing is very unorthodox : but I  am interested in seeing what's what.
Now, I would like to register some more styles, so, I need to set up "0002"
But,how do I do that???? I have tried and tried, but to no avail.
I have read up my manual and looked at lots of posts on this forum, and feel that perhaps I really ought to give up on this project, and just use my old tried and true method. But I will NOT give up just yet.Maybe, it is possible.Perhaps someone can help me with my project,
By the way, I am putting everything into the User Section and NOT using a usb stick. Hoping the someone can help me.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 06:47:02 AM by YammyFan »

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Registrations.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023, 11:21:14 AM »

You simply memorize 8 more "Styles", the save the bank as 0002.

In other words, just repeat the process you did for 0001.

There’s no need to initialize the registrations. Memorizing will overwrite whatever’s there.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: YammyFan

Offline overover

Re: Registrations.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 06:34:56 PM »
Hi YammyFan,

In addition to Fred's advice: If you enter a new/changed name when saving the registration bank, a new bank will be created with the currently memorized settings of the Registration buttons 1 - 8. The original (previously loaded) bank remains unchanged.

If you do not change the bank name when saving, the currently loaded bank file will be overwritten (after a security query).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 06:41:15 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: YammyFan