Author Topic: Solve the wimpy sound quality on my SX900 build in speaker.  (Read 904 times)

Offline Totomo

Solve the wimpy sound quality on my SX900 build in speaker.
« on: December 21, 2023, 03:17:13 AM »
Long story short, after a week play on my friend's new Genos 2 in flat EQ via KRK system, the GENOS 2 are completely has no those wimpy sound quality from his Genos 1 with same flat EQ through krk system.

Inspire by the GENOS 2 hefty and more in front sound image, i try my best to reach those characteristic on my SX900 build in speaker with simple EQ tweak.  Honestly, i never tweak the SX900 EQ with this way, but it work.  I also found more easy to tweak other frequency range base on this setting too.

I hope this EQ tweak work for who not satisfied with build in speaker sound (factory Flat EQ + Natural Comp ) on his new bought SX900 , before spend lot time and panic on EQ tweak.

This EQ setting present fuller low mid/low end with Subwoofer NS SW-100 ( sub volume around 10 o' clock ) 

Hope help and enjoy EQ-ing.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 10:44:42 AM by Totomo »

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Divemaster

Re: Improve the wimpy sound quality from SX900 build in speaker.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023, 09:21:26 AM »
HI Totomo

Yes.... What you've illustrated here is quite correct.

It's always amazing to some of us that keyboard players will go out and spend hundreds, even thousands of dollars/ pounds/ whatever, and then can't be bothered to look in the manuals, whether online or on paper to enhance their enjoyment of their chosen keyboard.

I know when I learned to play the church organ years ago, before I was even allowed to play the instrument, I was taken on a very thorough and informative tour of the workings of it, so that I understood exactly how it worked.

Same with a keyboard. There's so much 'under the hood' but if as an owner you're not interested enough to even look, you'll never get the best from it. Crafting it to your own requirements is very rewarding.

Keith.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 09:24:35 AM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

The following users thanked this post: pcaetanus, Totomo

Offline bpsafran

Re: Solve the wimpy sound quality on my SX900 build in speaker.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 11:06:25 AM »
From what I can see the EQ is zero
except 500Hz and 1kHz which are raised 4db
and 3db respectively. I have a Tyros5 with a soundbar
and subwoofer.  I would like to try this on my
Tryos5. Did I understand correctly?

Thanks,

Sam

Offline maarkr

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2023, 08:33:58 PM »
funny, if that is a SX900 screen, it is different from mine.  My Bottom freq displays 80Hz and top is 8kHz.  Anyway, I set mine at +3 gain @80Hz, @500Hz I have a 1.7Q and -2db, @4kHz I have a Q of 5 and +2db.  If you use a sub, you may not need the +3 gain at 80Hz.  I cut A@500Hz to reduce potential boxy sound and boost the large area @4k to strengthen the vocal (and key freq area according to many) area.  Comp page is abt the same.  I change my monitoring from keyboard speakers for tinkering to my studio monitors w sub for the full effect.
aka Gene Maarkr. PSR-SX900, FA-06, PX-5S, Yamaha drums, Epi Les Paul, Yamaha bass, Studio One DAW w Waves, NI, IKM, iZotope.

Offline Totomo

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2023, 01:40:54 AM »
funny, if that is a SX900 screen, it is different from mine.  My Bottom freq displays 80Hz and top is 8kHz.  Anyway, I set mine at +3 gain @80Hz, @500Hz I have a 1.7Q and -2db, @4kHz I have a Q of 5 and +2db.  If you use a sub, you may not need the +3 gain at 80Hz.  I cut A@500Hz to reduce potential boxy sound and boost the large area @4k to strengthen the vocal (and key freq area according to many) area.  Comp page is abt the same.  I change my monitoring from keyboard speakers for tinkering to my studio monitors w sub for the full effect.

This EQ setting are suit for who felt less impressive on their new SX900 build in speaker sound quality.     I change the bottom and top EQ fq and some tweak on Comp.

I dint touch anything under 250Khz fq,  comp engage already thicken/full those fq range.  Din't want push too hard on build in speaker at 3 o'clock volume.    Low volume Sub engage are nice .