Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > DGX Portable Grand Pianos (DGX 620,630,640,650,660,670)

Do Your Ears Hear Sound Differently Some Days ?

(1/3) > >>

Graham UK:

Do Your Ears Hear Sound Differently Some Days ?...If Yes think yourself very lucky.

Being involved with high quality Hi-Fi sounds is a large part of my life and has made some of us more critical than most.
This is not a criticism because this experience brings benefits of which I feel privileged.
When I state my ears change from day to day, others don't understand how that can happen.
Simply one's health can change within a short time daily but most are not aware of it.
Somedays I make sound adjustments to a style. The following day I often questioned the adjustments I made.

RoyB:
Yes, mine do sometimes (I'm 74).
There are some days when the same piece of musics seems to be a bit more bass heavy than on other days.

Regards

Roy

mikf:
This would explain why some days I only hear about half of what my wife asks me to do …. but most days it’s much less than half :D
Mike

rattley:
Hello!

I'm 64 and always praised my good hearing.  I also consider myself an amateur audiophile always searching for great quality audio.  Since being diagnosed with COPD two years ago I have been plagued with re-occurring earaches and infections. The last one took forever to go away, but was the most serious one so far. My left ear was so swollen inside no medicine could get thru the ear canal. It affected my balance too!

At this moment my hearing seems its normal self. I think some of my EQ issues with Genos2 was from that lingering ear infection. I haven't played around with any settings lately. Genos2 seems to sound better as time goes by. Now I only mix stuff during these remissions hoping my settings aren't tainted by my hearing issues. I have always took my good hearing for granted. But it can be a serious problem when it isn't there. I don't even want to think about it becoming a permanent loss.  Best wishes.  -charley

Divemaster:

--- Quote from: mikf on December 20, 2023, 12:32:28 PM ---This would explain why some days I only hear about half of what my wife asks me to do …. but most days it’s much less than half :D
Mike

--- End quote ---

And I thought it was just me! 😂 😂 😂
My wife says I have Selective Hearing, but I don't hear it that way.....

Keith.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version