Author Topic: What happened to the audio styles from the PSR-S series?  (Read 3201 times)

What happened to the audio styles from the PSR-S series?
« on: December 17, 2023, 07:22:00 PM »
Hi everyone,
I recently bought a second-hand Genos and was going through the downloads section on the Yamaha website. All the audio styles from the Tyros 5 are available for download. This includes some of the styles that were available on the S970, 60sGuitarPop, TangoFlamenco, etc. However, a lot of the audio styles that were available on the PSR-S950 are not there, for example CubanChaCha, CoolSwing and FunkPop. Is there any way to get these audio styles? They were very cool, and not all of them have a replacement on the Genos.

Offline Divemaster

Re: What happened to the audio styles from the PSR-S series?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2023, 07:30:09 PM »
Hi Theodor

You can download all of the styles right here.

Follow the instructions in the Styles section.

https://psrtutorial.com/sty/yamaha/psr-s950.html

Keith.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 07:31:58 PM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2023, 08:50:48 PM »
Hmm, what collection do I download? I downloaded the super mega plus pack or something like that. Are the audio styles in .prs format? I thought they had a different extension.

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2023, 09:20:54 PM »
Hi everyone,
I recently bought a second-hand Genos and was going through the downloads section on the Yamaha website. All the audio styles from the Tyros 5 are available for download. This includes some of the styles that were available on the S970, 60sGuitarPop, TangoFlamenco, etc. However, a lot of the audio styles that were available on the PSR-S950 are not there, for example CubanChaCha, CoolSwing and FunkPop. Is there any way to get these audio styles? They were very cool, and not all of them have a replacement on the Genos.

I think Yamaha released this styles as an audio styles pack for T5

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2023, 09:37:22 PM »
Hmm, what collection do I download? I downloaded the super mega plus pack or something like that. Are the audio styles in .prs format? I thought they had a different extension.

The STYLES you said you couldn't find ARE where I told you.
Click on the DARK BLUE headings to download the styles you want.
So for EXAMPLE for Cuban Cha Cha.
Scroll down to the LATIN styles. Click on the dark blue LATIN heading.
This will download the Latin folder to your pc. It is a ZIP FILE.
Unzip the file into a folder. You can now use any of the Latin styles, delete any you don't want, or copy the ones you DO want to wherever you keep them.

Pretty well all the styles are in. STY format.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 09:41:34 PM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2023, 10:35:11 PM »
The STYLES you said you couldn't find ARE where I told you.
Click on the DARK BLUE headings to download the styles you want.
So for EXAMPLE for Cuban Cha Cha.
Scroll down to the LATIN styles. Click on the dark blue LATIN heading.
This will download the Latin folder to your pc. It is a ZIP FILE.
Unzip the file into a folder. You can now use any of the Latin styles, delete any you don't want, or copy the ones you DO want to wherever you keep them.

Pretty well all the styles are in. STY format.

But he want the audio style version not the regular one. I downloaded the file and I didn’t find any audio styles

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2023, 11:58:19 PM »
Oh of course, found it; didn't realize that was the reason why those headings were reported as links. Thanks.

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2023, 01:11:03 AM »
Oh of course, found it; didn't realize that was the reason why those headings were reported as links. Thanks.

Then I'm dense as well, I can highlight the audio styles, but there are no links for me...? Using Micorosft edge or Google Chrome

I mean yeah, the headings are download links to the converted style groups, but I didn't see the links to the audio styles, .aus.?

thanks,

Mark

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2023, 06:41:23 AM »
Hi Mark
You've got me confused now.
Not difficult.... I'm 77 now.

But once you've downloaded, unzipped and put the file on your keyboard (any keyboard) are you saying you can't hear it when you play it?

Or are you saying that you have unzipped the files to your pc and then, when you click on them you can't hear them on your pc?

I don't think any browser will directly play. sty format styles as audio.

You could try "Midi and Style player" from Josoft maybe?

http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/software.htm#msp

Keith.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 06:54:24 AM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2023, 08:15:49 AM »
hi Keith,
As far I can see, on that page all styles (incl. audio) are listed for reference, but zip packs only contain normal (no audio) styles. For LATIN, there are 41 styles listed, but zip only contain 34 of them. The largest style in that pack is 93kB, while audio styles are much bigger.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2023, 08:30:05 AM »
Hi Bogdan

Yeah.  I was just trying to help the op.
I understand what you're saying, I thought he just couldn't get the styles he mentioned.

I can't suggest anything else really.. Maybe others will know more, so I'll step out on this one, but I'll watch the thread.

Keep happy
Keith.
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x

Offline Simone1972

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2023, 09:44:29 AM »
Dear all,
I also tried years ago to get those audio Styles, but they are not available anywhere...
Unless Yamaha will decide to share them, no chance.

The old OS didn't allow to save audio Styles into a USB Stick.
Regards

The following users thanked this post: Divemaster

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2023, 02:35:52 PM »
Oh that's right, the audio styles aren't included. They are in the super mega plus collection, but they have the extension .prs, so I s'pose they're just convertions and don't actually include the audio. Was there no way of exporting them? I thought the S975 was based on the same OS as the Tyros5.

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2023, 06:16:36 PM »
Dear all,
I also tried years ago to get those audio Styles, but they are not available anywhere...
Unless Yamaha will decide to share them, no chance.

The old OS didn't allow to save audio Styles into a USB Stick.
Regards

They *used* to be on sale at Yamahamusicsoft, but disappeared along with the T4 and earlier expansions. They were paid, so I doubt many people bought them; at the time I didn't think anything of it since I *have* an s970; but now that those audio styles aren't available anywhere, I'm loathe to part with it until I can transport those actual styles onto a G1/G2, etc

They had releases the PSRs950/970/975 audio styles as paid download packs for the T5, which would work on G1, G2, sx900 and A5000 if you had already purchased them. But they weren't free (I think it was like $28 for 5 styles?), and no longer being offered on Yamahamusicsoft. Don't know why not, but I assume lack of interest.

Which is a shame, the s950/970/975 audio styles included some absolutely incredible styles, albeit with tempo limitations. Especially the Industrial Chill (Donkey Kong Country!) one, the 60sSuperGroup (Beatles) one, Drummelfire's Percussive Trance (yes, actually performed by the German version of Blue Man Group), where they actually yell "Yamaha!" 3 times for Ending 2! Tango flamenco was incredible as well, but since it was on the T5, *is* available.

Mark
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 06:20:35 PM by Amwilburn »

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2023, 07:53:06 PM »
...Don't know why not, but I assume lack of interest.

Yes, I think so too. Main reason being: not a lot of choices and the price.

Bogdan

PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2023, 06:08:01 PM »
Mark, or Amwilburn or whatever you'd like to be called, thanks for the response. Did you say you had an S970? Any chance of trying to find out if it is at all possible to export these styles? I really want them; the revo drums on the Genos don't quite cut it, especially not for the FunkPop style.

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2023, 01:51:56 AM »
I still own an s970. That's one of the reasons why; I haven't found a way to extract the audio styles

Was hoping someone here purchased the s970 audio styles packs for their Tyros5 before the Yamahamusicsoft website was rebooted

Mark

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2023, 12:53:25 PM »
Yeah, so was I. There's probably no chance of someone at Yamaha sending those styles over. Guess the only chance to get them is if someone bought them and still has the files.

Offline gabrielschuck

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2024, 08:07:36 PM »
Hey guys,
I wasn't a tyros5 user at the time Yamaha made these audio styles available for purchase, so I also missed a lot of what was available.
Right here on the forum I got some from the s950's Latin category, pop/rock, swing/jazz and dance that were possibly for the Tyros5 at the time, but even so I don't think I have all the audio styles yet.
If anyone has what I'm missing and could kindly make it available, I would be very grateful. I don't see any problems in also sharing what I achieved.
Maybe Onacimus or other people who converted these styles still have them saved, right?
I have a style named "axe1" which, the way the percussion is, seems to be converted from an audio style. It's in the onacimus special collection for s910. I really wanted the original style.
They *used* to be on sale at Yamahamusicsoft, but disappeared along with the T4 and earlier expansions. They were paid, so I doubt many people bought them; at the time I didn't think anything of it since I *have* an s970; but now that those audio styles aren't available anywhere, I'm loathe to part with it until I can transport those actual styles onto a G1/G2, etc

They had releases the PSRs950/970/975 audio styles as paid download packs for the T5, which would work on G1, G2, sx900 and A5000 if you had already purchased them. But they weren't free (I think it was like $28 for 5 styles?), and no longer being offered on Yamahamusicsoft. Don't know why not, but I assume lack of interest.

Which is a shame, the s950/970/975 audio styles included some absolutely incredible styles, albeit with tempo limitations. Especially the Industrial Chill (Donkey Kong Country!) one, the 60sSuperGroup (Beatles) one, Drummelfire's Percussive Trance (yes, actually performed by the German version of Blue Man Group), where they actually yell "Yamaha!" 3 times for Ending 2! Tango flamenco was incredible as well, but since it was on the T5, *is* available.

Mark

At the time when I was still new to online shopping on the internet, there were many normal premium styles that I was going to buy for my s910 from YamahaMusicSoft that have now also disappeared, as have the audio styles.
I don't know why Yamaha doesn't make them available for free, as is the case with the packs that were also paid for.
This to me is a lack of respect for the consumer.
People who want this material and could even buy it simply can't.

Oh that's right, the audio styles aren't included. They are in the super mega plus collection, but they have the extension .prs, so I s'pose they're just convertions and don't actually include the audio. Was there no way of exporting them? I thought the S975 was based on the same OS as the Tyros5.

Exactly. These are converted versions of the original audio styles so that they can be used on keyboards without this feature. However, the audio part is missing.
For example, the percussion converted from the "batucada" style of the Latin category is not even close to the original version. It's a groove that's almost impossible to achieve with midi.
Regards,
Gabriel
-------------------------------

keyboardist, arranger, composer and music producer

"Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, with sensitivity and intuition, never by rigid rules."

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2024, 03:50:45 PM »
Yeah, that's the problem. I tried the Cuban ChaCha style in the convertion pack. It sounded similar enough, but the drums sounded bad. I then tried the FunkPop style, but that wasn't even close to the original; you'd sware it was based on a completely different style. So far I've found nothing searching the internet, but I haven't asked around in all the Facebook groups.

The following users thanked this post: gabrielschuck

Offline gabrielschuck

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2024, 01:50:38 PM »
Yeah, that's the problem. I tried the Cuban ChaCha style in the convertion pack. It sounded similar enough, but the drums sounded bad. I then tried the FunkPop style, but that wasn't even close to the original; you'd sware it was based on a completely different style. So far I've found nothing searching the internet, but I haven't asked around in all the Facebook groups.
If you manage to get something, let me know! I can send you the audio styles I have (PPF format). Send me a private message if you want.
Greetings, have a great day! 🤗

"Life is like music. It must be composed by ear, with sensitivity and intuition, never by rigid rules."

The following users thanked this post: TheodorHK04

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2024, 08:53:29 PM »
I've sent you a pm.

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2024, 09:35:46 PM »
Gabriel, do you have the ppf of the pSRs950/970 audio styles???

Mark

Offline gabrielschuck

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2024, 11:23:17 AM »
Gabriel, do you have the ppf of the pSRs950/970 audio styles???

Mark
Hello!
I have some, I'm not sure if it's the complete set.
I can send them to you if you want.
Send me your email in a private message.
Best regards,
Gabriel

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2024, 02:53:43 PM »
Gabriel, the first email address I sent you was wrong. I've sent you the correct address. Could you please send the styles again?

Offline gabrielschuck

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2024, 05:49:39 PM »
Gabriel, the first email address I sent you was wrong. I've sent you the correct address. Could you please send the styles again?
I have sent it again to the correct address now.
Thanks!