Author Topic: Pedal Assignment on Expansion Pack Registrations  (Read 682 times)

Offline Stitch26

Pedal Assignment on Expansion Pack Registrations
« on: December 17, 2023, 12:48:41 PM »
Having just received my new Genos2, I have encountered a problem with the Style volumes on the expansion pack registrations. Although I can assign a foot pedal to control the volume to all of the voices and the style, I can't save the registration to it's original folder with the pedal assignment change. Is this because the registration is part of the expansion pack and is copy protected?
Is there a way to get around this. The expansion pack registrations are of no use to me without being able to control the style volume. Has anyone encountered this issue.

Offline overover

Re: Pedal Assignment on Expansion Pack Registrations
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2023, 01:48:03 PM »
Hi Stitch26,

It is true that you cannot save in the Expansion folder. It would also make no sense to change files there, because during the next complete pack installation the changed files would be replaced by the original pack contents. Please simply save changed registration bank files in the user drive or on a USB stick. Basically, it doesn't matter where (in which drive and folder) you save registration files. They will work from any location.

The only thing to note is that external files that are used in registrations (e.g. User Styles, User Multi Pads or MIDI files) may not be renamed or moved later (because otherwise they can no longer be found by the registrations in question).

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Stitch26

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2023, 05:17:43 PM »
Thanks for prompt reply Chris.
This was what I thought would be the case. This is no big deal, the registrations that have the styles locked with no volume control are limited in number. I will save the registration as you suggested.
Most of my extension pack registrations have the styles assigned with foot pedal volume control. I just wonder why the few that don't were fixed that way. Maybe an oversight.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2023, 03:59:00 PM »
Thank you for your feedback, Stitch26!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)