Author Topic: VCE sounds  (Read 696 times)

Offline Pityus

VCE sounds
« on: December 17, 2023, 12:46:13 AM »
Is it normal that the SX900 instrument does not play all sound files with VCE extension?

Offline Joe H

Re: VCE sounds
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2023, 02:09:49 AM »
The .VCE file is a MIDI file that contains NO sound but contains only parameter data for the Left, R1, R2 and R3 Preset Voices that tweaks Voices when they loaded.  When we assign a Voice to a style Part or Multi Pad the VCE file does not load.  It only used for the Left and Right Voices.

If you hear no sound from a VCE file from another keyboard, then that means that Preset Voice is not in your keyboard.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: Pityus, kevin.dsouza

Offline Pityus

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2023, 03:08:23 PM »
I was able to extract the PPF and PPI expansion packs with one program.
There I found style and sound files.
There were some with VCE extension that sounded like a nice new sound, but some remained silent.
So what extension of new audio files should you download for the SX900 instrument?
Where can these be found?

Offline Joe H

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2023, 09:57:31 PM »
You have to have the sounds on your keyboard... either Preset Voices or expansion pack Voices.  If they are not on your keyboard, then you won't hear them by loading a VCE file.  As I stated above, the VCE file contains no wave forms or sound; it is just a list of parameters shown in YEM as COMMON parameters.  When you load a pack in your keyboard from YEM those COMMON parameters are converted to VCE files.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: Pityus