Author Topic: SYMBOLS Above Keys  (Read 546 times)

Offline casiokid

SYMBOLS Above Keys
« on: December 15, 2023, 11:11:54 AM »
Can anyone explain what these symbols mean? see attachment) I can't find any reference in my Yamaha EZ-300 manual

Offline BogdanH

Re: SYMBOLS Above Keys
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2023, 11:15:43 AM »
These symbols are there to remind you what percussion (drum, snare, cymbal, etc.) each key plays when you select drum kit voice.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Online overover

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2023, 11:44:17 AM »
Can anyone explain what these symbols mean? see attachment) I can't find any reference in my Yamaha EZ-300 manual

Hi casiokid,

I just took a look at the EZ300 Owner's Manual and found all the relevant information about these symbols above the keys:

The Drum symbols represent the assignment of the drum instruments in Standard Kit 1. Please see pages 12/13 as well as 24 and 82 in the manual. The Chord Type and Chord Root symbols affect the "Chord Dictionary" function. Please see page 49 in the manual.

By the way, in my experience, such information can be found much quicker in the PDF version of the manual on the computer than in the printed version. If you don't have the PDF version of the EZ300 Owner's Manual yet, you can download it here:
>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/portable_keyboards/ez-300/downloads.html#product-tabs

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 11:52:44 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline casiokid

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2023, 12:40:05 PM »
Thank you BogdanH and overover for your detailed replies.  I can understand the percussion drum kit symbols, but why confuse the issue by also incorporation the Chord Dictionary?  Especially as this keyboard is marketed and aimed at beginners.  Surely it would have been clearer if the Chord Symbols were on a separate strip not mixed up with drum kit percussion instruments which invariably are non pitch specific?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 12:43:09 PM by casiokid »